Chapter 7

Stanley sat outside the principal's office in silence. He felt nervous as a supervisor was watching him, as Jesse and Lukas were in the office speaking to the principal. He could hear a few voices from inside the office. Jesse sounded angry, and Stanley looked down in shame. He disappointed her by breaking his promise and using his powers in school.

To make matters worse, he hurt the kid who had been bullying him and his best friend with his powers. Morris was now in the nurse's office, getting an ice pack for his injury on his face. Dante and Ramona were waiting outside the office, but they were sitting away from Stanley. Their parents were coming to pick them up, because the principal informed their parents about what happened, and they were going home early to avoid any more drama. The supervisor kept them away from Stanley because he already hurt Morris.

"Dante. Your parents are here to pick you up," said the lady behind the front desk.

A couple came in. Dante's mother had the same hair color and eye color as her son, but Dante's father looked very different from the child. He didn't look like he was related to Dante at all.

Dante got up from his seat. When he had to walk past Stanley, he walked rather quickly. He rushed to his mother and father, but he only hugged his mother.

"Come on kiddo. Let's go home," said Dante's father.

"Okay... I guess..." he said.

Stanley formed a confused look when he saw Dante interact with his parents. They left, and a woman who looked like she must've Ramona's mother came in. She was wearing a pair of overalls and thick gloves that had a lot of dirt on them. She looked really sweaty, and was dressed up like a farmer.

"Ramona, your mother's here to pick you up," said the lady.

Ramona got up. She had a pouty face for some reason, but when she started to walk up to her mother, she stopped to face Stanley for a second.

"I'll see you around Stanley," she said in a whisper. "Thank you for standing up for me."

Stanley smiled slightly and blushed a bit. He wanted to tell her, "You're welcome," but Ramona's mother called for her daughter, stopping him from trying to say anything. Stanley watched as Ramona walked up to her mother, his smile fading as he watched his friend leave.

Once Ramona was gone, the door to the principal's office opened up.

"Stanley, please come inside," said the principal.

Stanley quietly got up. He slowly walked into the office. Lukas and Jesse were sitting in some chairs from across the principal's desk. A smaller chair was set up in between them, meaning that they expected him to sit with Lukas and Jesse. Stanley was nervous to see Lukas and Jesse, and as he sat down in between them, he saw their expressions. Lukas looked concerned, while Jesse looked really sad.

The principal shut the door to the office and walked back over to his desk, taking a seat in his desk chair.

"Stanley, do you know why you're in here?" said the principal.

"Y-yes sir..." Stanley stuttered.

"I was informed that you hit another student in the face. Hard enough to hurt him badly and get him sent to the nurse's office. Morris said that you hit him for no reason, but Dante and Ramona said that Morris shoved Ramona. Is this true?" said the principal.

"Y-yes sir... M-Morris tripped me, then shoved Ramona. I-I hit him when he shoved Ramona..." said Stanley.

The child began to tear up. "I-I'm sorry!" he said, a bit louder than when he previously spoke. "I didn't mean to hurt him!"