Chapter 14

"Stop giggling," Michael whines; my eyes flutter open just as he pouts, his lower lip jutting out. "I can't kiss you if you're giggling. Well, I mean I can, but--"

"I'm sorry," I giggle once more, still running my fingers through the hair on the back of his head. I press my lips to his pouted ones; his response is instant, kissing me with a certain, rushed hunger, but it's not the least bit sloppy. Hands snake around my back, pulling me impossibly close to his chest before his lips leave mine much too soon, only to leave light kisses on them repeatedly before he kisses the tip of my nose.

"Wow," he whispers, his clear, green eyes look directly into mine.

"Can I--" I stop myself, shaking my head.

"No tell me," he urges.

"It's stupid," I laugh; I cover my face with my hands. I seem to do that a lot around Michael, honestly. His warm touch gently pulls my fingers away from my face, turning them over in his own hands. The small gesture sends an insane amount of goosebumps up the expanse of my back and up my neck. "I just.. I keep thinking any second that I'm gonna wake up and this is gonna be a dream. None of it's gonna be real; we're gonna be back where we were and I won't know if you like me or not and these kisses.." His eyebrows knit together in a scowl. A slight pinch sends a shooting pain up the back of my left arm; my hand immediately flies to the area, rubbing it. "OW!" Michael runs towards the hallway, disappearing as his laughter floods the place, leaving me with a new type of butterflies resonating in my stomach.

"You little shit!" I scream, running in the direction he went. I hear a new chorus of laughter from the end of the hall, however he's nowhere to be seen. "Michael?" I peer into each of the boys' rooms as I make my way down the long hallway, making sure to check behind the doors. "Mikey? Where did you go? This isn't funny." I get to the end of the hall, opening the door to my room.

"What's not funny?" his voice fills my ear, his breath sending chills down my spine as a scream leaves my lips. Arms fold themselves around my waist as he turns me around to hoist me over his right shoulder. Laughter pours from deep within his body as my hands repeatedly slap his back. 

"Michael Clifford, you asshole!" I shout as he begins to walk.

"You're so nice to me, I love it," he says sarcastically.

"You scared the hell outta me!" I groan. My stomach leaps upwards into my throat when he takes a seat on the couch, pulling me down into his lap so that I'm practically straddling him. I cross my arms over my chest, staring down at him.

"You're cute," he blurts out. His hands find my waist, rucking up the hem of my shirt enough for his thumbs to press against the skin covering my hips; he begins to trace circles there, taking his lower lip between his teeth.

"No," I shake my head, bringing my hands up to cup his cheeks between them. 

"You're cute as hell, shut up," he laughs; I shake my head again as he furiously starts to nod, leaving me in a fit of hysteric giggles. His nose brushes against mine and before a word can be spoken he brings himself forward, capturing my lips with his. This kiss was much different than our first just moments ago, it wasn't rough but slow and he was gentle with every little touch. Never had I seen this side of Michael, so full of compassion for something other than his music, and I wanted to hold on to it tighter than ever now that I had it. The moment my lips part, his tongue slips between them with ease, flowly fluidly over mine in such a slow motion that it's almost agonizing. I feel his lips curve upwards in a smile, almost forcing a smile from myself as well.

"What the- Get a room, you two!" Calum shouts, making me jump. Michael's hands remain where they are, keeping me from leaving his lap. Everyone had begun to file in the front door; I look down at Michael but he shrugs.