The Stratford Tower

A/N: I'm sorry for 2 things: 1.) Not uploading yesterday 2.) This being super short. (I've been super busy lately). This is also not edited so don't mind the grammatical or punctuation errors. Thank you for reading, and I love you all! P.S Do you like the cover? I personally think it looks better than the last two. :)

You go into the DPD, and once again show your authorization to the receptionist and walk in.

As you make your way to your desk, you see Hank and Connor sitting at their desk, and of course Connor is playing with his coin whilst reading some deviant cases.

"Hello (y/n)! How are you?" Connor asks happily

"I'm good, thank you. You seem like you're in a good mood,"

"Yes, I am" 

"After what happened last night, I feel very happy" Connor says in a hushed tone

"I feel very happy, too. You don't know how much it means to me that you love me,"

"Okay, okay, we get it you're in love blah blah blah. We've gotta go to Stratford Tower to investigate a break in. Let's go, you two" Hank says annoyed

Time Skip

All three of you are standing in the elevator. Connor once again is doing his coin tricks, but Hank interrupts him.

"JeSuS Connor, thats so annoying." Hank says as he takes Connor's coin away.

"Sorry, Lieutenant."

"Hank! You don't need to take his coin away"

"Well it got annoying. We're almost there anyway,"

While you and Connor stand beside eachother on the elevator, you hold eachother's hands. His hands are kind of cold but it feels kind of nice.

The elevator doors open and thats your cue to step out. 

You step out along with your partners, and look around. You greet Chris and he escorts you, Hank and Connor to the broadcast room.

He also mentions that there are station androids in the kitchen that you could interrogate.

You and Connor watch the broadcast, and the leader's words inspire you. While the broadcast is playing, you think of Connor, and how he should be free. Everyone just pushes him around like he's nothing, but he's just as alive as you or any other human. 

As Connor and Hank are investigating the scene, you decide to interrogate the androids in the kitchen.

You walk over to 3 androids lined up against the wall, and start interrogating them. 

"What is your function?"

"I am a broadcast operator."

"Has anyone accessed your memory recently?"

"Not to my knowledge."

The android on the far left kept nervously looking at you then looking back. You suspect that this android is the deviant, but you keep interrogating the other androids just incase.

"One of you saw the attack on the surveillance cameras and said nothing, which means there is a deviant in this room."

You saw the android on the far left once again twitch his eyes. You walk over to the suspected deviant and pull out his thirum pump regulator.

"If you just admit you are the deviant, than i'll convince the humans not to destroy you,"

You put back his pump regualtor and he takes a knife and stabs you in the leg. The android walks out, and you manage to get around the corner of the kitchen with your injured leg.

"Connor! Watch out! The deviant!"

"(y/n)!" Connor says worriedly as he sees your leg and bloodied clothing.

"I'm alright Connor. Go catch the deviant!"

Connor nods and hurries over to a police officer. He pulls out the gun of the police officer's holster, and shoots the deviant three times until it dropped to the floor.

After, he runs over to you. 

"(y/n), your bleeding out. Fast. We need to get you to a hospital."

"Okay Connor. I'll be fine. I promise" 

You hold his hand before you get dizzy, and all you see is black.

Time skip

While you were laying in the hospital bed,Connor couldn't feel anything but guilty. He had let you interrogate those androids alone and he knew he shouldn't've. 

Hank also came with Connor to the hospital. But, like all humans, Hank had to go home to get some sleep.

He watched as you peacefully slept in the bed. 

Connor's new mission was to protect you from now on. He didn't want to see you in pain again.

You fluttered your eyes open, and looked around confused. 

"It's okay, love. You're in the hospital." Connor said reassuringly

"W-What happened?"

"I think one of the androids from The Stratford tower stabbed your leg. You bled out, but Hank and I managed to get you to the hospital in time" He said, his voice shaky.

"Oh. Well thank you Connor," you said smiling at him warmly.

"I shouldn't have let you go in there alone. It's my fault. I'm sorry (y/n)," 

"It's not your fault Connor! I should've been more careful. Thank you for everything. I love you so much,"

"I love you too. I will never let anything like that happen to you again, okay? I promise,"

"Aww, Connor. It's so sweet how much you care, it really makes me happy," you say as you lean in and kiss Connor's soft lips.