Meet Kamski

A/N: This is also not edited because I'm a lazy potato, so just ignore any errors. <3

As you healed at the hospital, and at home, Connor was by your side. 

You kept asking to come back and continue work when you felt okay, but Captain Fowler said to only come back when you feel 100%. 

It took around a little less than two weeks to fully heal, but you made it. In those weeks, you worked from home and still tried to work on some cases, along with snuggles with Connor, of course.

You finally are back in the DPD. Oh, how you missed this place. 

You go into Captain Fowler's office.

"Hey, Captain Fowler. How are you today?"

"I'm good. Question is, how are you holding up (y/n)?"

"I'm okay, thanks. I am fully recovered now, so I can get straight back to work."

"Alright. Well, there is nothing currently you need to work on, so you can go to your desk and wait for your partners to arrive."

"Ok. Thank you Captain. Have a good day."

"You too."

You exit Captain Fowler's office and go to your desk. As you sit down, Hank and Connor come into view.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey (y/n), long time no see, How ya doin'?"

"I'm doing pretty good. I'm all healed now. How are you doing?"

"I'm ok. Got kinda lonely, even though I have this plastic prick." Hank says while playfully smiling. Connor tilts his head in confusion and just shrugs it off. (I love when he tilts his head oMg its so cute)

"So, do we have any cases to work on or anything?"

"Yes. We have to go to Elijah Kamski's house to see if we can find anymore information about deviants," Connor says

"Oh, okay. Well, why are we going to Elijah Kamski? He left Cyberlife ten years ago. He probably wouldn't know anything about deviants,"

"Well we can always give it a shot, right?" Hank says

"I guess you're right"

Time skippero 

All three of you walk up a ramp to an expensive looking house, and Hank rings the doorbell. No one answers and he goes to ring it again, but the door opens and we see a female android.

"Hi, ergh, I'm Lieutenant Anderson..Detroit Police Department. I'm here to see..Mr. Elijah Kamski."

"Come in," the android says smiling, gesturing us to come inside from the bitter cold.

You all enter. The android tells you that she'll let Kamski know you're here, and while you wait you sit patiently.

"Hey Connor,"

"Yes (y/n)?"

"How does it feel that you're about to meet your maker?"

"Kamski is one of the great geniuses of the 21st century. It'll be interesting to meet him in person."

"I feel like something is off here. Just be careful," You add.

Connor looks around at some pieces of artwork, and photographs. It seems like he is particularly curious about one picture, but you decide not to say anything about it.

As you get lost in your own train of thought, the female android comes back and announces that Mr. Kamski is ready to see you guys.

You, Connor, and Hank walk into a room with a red coloured pool. You see a man doing one last lap, and you assume that this man is Mr. Kamski. He gets out and the android puts a robe on him.

You all line up at the deck of the pool, and Kamski turns around to face you three.

"Hi, Mr. Kamski. I'm, Lieutenant Anderson, and these two are (y/n) and Connor."

"What can I do for you Lieutenant?"

"Sir, we're investigating deviants. I know you left Cyberlife years ago but, I was hoping you'd be able to tell us something we don't know.."

"Deviants...Fascinating aren't they? Perfect beings with infinite intelligence, and now they have free will... Machines are so superior to us,  confrontation was inevitable. Humanity's greatest achievement threatens to be it's downfall.. Isn't it ironic?"

You sensed there was something suspicious about this guy, but you just shook the feeling off.

"All ideas are viruses spread like epidemics..is the desire to be free a contagious disease?"

"Listen, we didn't come here to talk philosophy. The machines you created may be planning a revolution. Either you can tell us something that'll be helpful, or we will be on our way." Hank says in an annoyed tone.

Kamski pauses for a moment, then says "What about you Connor? Whose side are you on?" as he walks over to Connor.

"I have no side. I was designed to stop deviants and that's what I intend to do."

"Well that's what you're programmed to say. But you, what do you really want?"

"What I want is not important."

Mr.Kamski calls his android Chloe over. She stands infront of him, and he gestures for her to kneel on the ground.

Once said android kneels on the ground, Kamski opens a drawer and pulls out a gun. He puts his hands up to show that he is not going to fire. 

"Woah! W-What are you doing?" You say in a worried manner.

Kamski stays in his position near the android, and tells you all about the turing test, and how he has a test called "The Kamski test", which concerns you the slightest.

Mr.Kamski walks over to Connor and puts the gun in his hand. 

"Destroy this machine, and i'll tell you all I know. Or spare it, if you feel it's alive, but you'll leave here without having learnt anything from me."

"Okay, I think we're done here. Come on ,Connor. Let's go. Sorry to get you outta your poo-"

"What's more important to you Connor? Your investigation or the life of this android? Decide who you are. An obiedent machine, or a living being, endowed with free will" 

"Connor! Don't shoot! Please!" 

"Pull the trigger."

"Connor! Don't listen to him!"

As soon as Connor heard your voice, he was snapped out of his thoughts. He knew better than to shoot this helpless android, and you helped him realize that.

"And i'll tell you what you wanna know." 

Connor paused and looked at the android. He lowered the gun and gave it back to Mr. Kamski.

"Fascinating. Cyberlife's last chance to save humanity..is itself a deviant."

"I'm..I'm not a deviant!"

"You preferred to spare a machine rather than accomplish your mission. You saw a living being in this android. You showed empathy."

The android, Chloe, gets up and walks away. 

"A war is coming, you'll have to choose your side. What's harder than choosing between two evils?"

All three of you walk out. Once you get outside, you hug Connor tightly.

"You did the right thing Connor. I love you,"

"I-I love you too. I just looked into that girl's eyes, and I couldn't."

Hank walks over to the car and gets inside. You kiss Connor's cheek and you two go in the car.