Chapter 2: Same

(A/N: I refer to the main character as 'she' only ;) )

Same old coffee shop.

Same old smell.

Same old wage.

"Tomato juice, soft on the sugar." She handed the two masked gentlemen their drinks, "And a frappe with extra whipping cream. Enjoy."

"Thank-"

She had no time for 'thank yous'.

No time.

~~~~

Same forced double date with her friend, who was the complete opposite of her, bubbly ,cute, pretty, petite... a model.

But her friend was tall. Weighed more than most although she didn't look like it, reserved, smart, and... a tired barista.

Soonyoung, even had a successful boyfriend, working as a choreographer.

She couldn't bare the thought of a boyfriend after her last one.

"You'll like him I swear!"

The same routine every week.

As she sat at the round table with with Soonyoung and her boyfriend, another man, with questionable values appeared before her.

Same table.

Different, disgusting guy.

She looked at her broken watch as if she had somewhere to be, "Oh. I have to go. Nice meeting you."

Broken clock #1.

~~~~

Her hustle life was never ending.

Go to work, 9-5 on the weekends, go to school, study, go to work, sleep, and repeat.

She had no sense of life nor purpose.

A week had passed.

"He's wayyyyy better according to jun~! Trust me! And try not to be so sulky. Wear something different."

Same outfit.

Adidas sweats and a white shirt.

Arriving at the table was a guy her age, masked and having an odd hat on. He had golden rimmed glasses.

She checked her phone. Twenty minutes as always, right before work.

"Hello my name is..."

She didn't bother listening. Last week its was Byung -something, Jae-something, he was Justin for all she cared.

"Nice to meet you."

Same routined greeting.

She wondered why he was masked, but that was the only interest she had in him. Soonyoung, on the other hand, had all the interest in him.

"Hello~." The man waved a hand in front of her face as she had spaced out as usual on these usual useless double dates.

"Twenty minutes..." She muttered before checking her broken watch, as always, after the twenty minute period was over she'd immediately leave. "I have to go. Nice meeting you."

Soonyoung sighed, just giving up on hooking her friend up with some dude. But even the dude that Joon had brought didn't know it was supposed to be a date.

He watched her leave with a curiosity in his eyes.

"Hey. Tae. You want something to drink? There's a bomb café next door and she's craving a mocha." Joon said but then Tae stood up and shook his head. "No. It's all right. I'll go. I need fresh air."

"Thanks." Joon smiled, "A mocha and a frappe."

Tae nodded and he sighed. He only came to catch up with his friend Joon. But it looked like he ended up being the third wheel since the other girl ditched.

He stepped inside the coffee shop and the cashier took his order.

He sat down at a table and tapped away at his phone.

"All I got is these broken clocks I aint got no time just burning daylight~ still love..." A girl was singing with her earphones in, and she set his drinks down, and her voice went boring and monotone, "Here's your hot chocolate, mocha, and frappe. Come again soon."

It was the girl from just a few minutes ago.

Did she really not recognize him?

And her voice was absolutely lovely.

It was so unique and something he'd just...

She had already disappeared.

~~~~~

🍯

ITll GeT BEttER I SwEar