Chapter 6: Flowers

She picked up white roses since he always liked them best for some reason, along with daisies. She headed to the cemetery and sighed as she placed them at his grave. "I miss you." She said. "I told you... being a special agent was too dangerous." She wiped her eye. "But you were so excited when you had gotten promoted."

She sighed.

She heard two people behind her. His mother and father.

His mother absolutely despised her while she had no idea where the father stood.

"What are you doing here?!" His mother immediately screamed and she didn't even flinch. For some reason she always blamed his death on her.

"Visiting him of course." she said and the father sighed, face palming. Suddenly she was hit in the face by flowers, his mother having no mercy on her, as the roses she has bought had thorns. She just sat there, hoping it would give his mother some type of peace of mind.

His father pulled his wife back and started to drag her away, as she yelled curses and hoped death on her.

She sighed and left the graveyard.

~•~

Tae: hello?

It was unlike him to text like that. He would've been so much more energetic but today was the death of someone dear to her after all.

her: Yes?

Tae: It's Tae

Her: hey

Tae: are you feeling okay?

That's such a stupid question of course she isn't!

Her: yup

No.

Tae: Okay

Tae: i keep bragging about the cup

Her: :) I'm so glad you like it

Tae: ><

Tae: now I need to think of something to give you.

Her: oh no it's all good

Her: if I can't convince you otherwise just get me a candy bar. Honestly I could use some sweetness...

Tae: awww :(

Tae: I wish I could give you a big hug right now. 🤧

Her: oh gosh Tae ^^*

Her: I appreciate it though.

Tae: :)

Tae: when will you fix your watch.

She wondered how he had noticed when no else had. Soonyoung and Jae never ever noticed. But... he paid attention to every little thing she did.

Her: I'm surprised you noticed

Her: it was a gift from my ex.

Her: the day after he had died, coincidentally enough, the watch stopped moving. And it's so scary how symbolic it is..

Tae: I'm so sorry

Tae: He was probably the best guy huh

Her: He was.

Her: I guess time broke after he died.

Her: especially for me.

Her: the reason I work so much

Her: it's not just the money.

Her: it's so I can get him off my mind. Even if it's just for a second. I don't like drinking at all so that's not how I cope. Overworking is. And it works. And the only reason I went on those stupid dates Soonyoung set me up on was so that I could get him off my mind again. But I guess it wasn't stupid after she stopped bringing new guys and stuck with the best ;) (ps, you lol)

Tae felt so...

There was no word to describe how he felt. He felt melancholy, bad, but at the same time, he felt relief and heart warm. She was confiding in him. It was weird.

Her: I'm sorry I rambled off again

Her: disregard everything I said

Tae: no

Tae: I'm really glad you told this to someone like me, even though I can have no brain at all. You're such a strong person... it's just so..

Tae: incredible~

Tae: I'm guessing you've never consulted anyone about this? You've been coping by yourself.

Tae: And that's not good at all because I've decided I'm going to help you. I don't know how but I will :) google exists for a reason ~

Her: thank you so much... I really didn't plan on telling you. It just came out that way... maybe you're someone I trust? And you do have a brain Tae~ a beautiful brain~. Agh I'm getting flustered ☺️

Tae: ❤️👍

Tae: you'll be okay.

Her: I hope so.

Her: and I hope I can fix this broken clock.

Tae: you will. I know you will

~•~