Chapter 2

"Howie, try your phone!"Kevin said frantically. Now all of them were at the door trying to push it open.

"It's not working, it's dead!"Howie was shrieking.

"We're trapped in here,"AJ breathed wrapping his arms around himself shivering.

"No way, there has gotta be another way outta here!"Brian was yelling. A disturbing howl came from somewhere near by.

"Oh please tell me that came from outside,"Nick moaned.

The howl came again, and this time it was even closer to them.

"OOOOH NOO!!"

"OH MAN! LETS GET OUT OF HERE!" Nick shouted getting up out of his crouch to run, and the others were ready to follow...

"No wait, we need weapons first,"Kevin stopped Nick's sprint,"Find something in here that you can use."

Everyone began rummaging through the kitchen for something to use as a weapon. Kevin had selected a broom from the closet. AJ snickered at that,"What are you gonna do, sweep the monster to death?"

"Well you didn't do much better, look at your weapon!"Howie pointed at AJ's weapon, a frying pan, and laughed. "You've got to be kidding me!

"Hey, you've got a rolling pin!"AJ pointed out.

Howie shrugged,"So, I've seen what happens in cartoons when you use these things, they're dangerous!"

"Frying pans are too! Especially number 9's,"AJ twitched one of his eyebrows up and down, looking sneaky.

Brian was holding a miniature pitch fork, he turned to see Nick wielding a large carving knife. He giggled maniacally.

"What?"Nick asked first not getting it, then he looked down at the knife and he smiled.

"And what are you gonna do with that?"asked Brian.

Nick made a face then shrugged,"I don't know... Hopefully I'll be able to use it for a bluff... Or I could hit someone with the blunt end.."

They both looked at each other and laughed.

AJ, Kevin, and Howie turned to look back at them,"What are you two snickering about?"

"Nuttin',"Nick and Brian said looking innocent, then they giggled softly.

"Ok.. Wait... who still has flashlights?"Kevin asked,"I've still got my bag, but I lost my flashlight."

"I lost my bag,"Nick said.

"I got my bag, but my flashlight is busted,"Howie said with a shrug.

"I got my light, but I don't have anymore batteries,"AJ said,"Howie, give me your batteries out of your flashlight."

"I got my stuff,"Brian said, he pulled out his flashlight.

"Ok, we'll use Brian's for now. AJ put yours away so we can save batteries,"Kevin picked up his broom weapon,"Lets get out of here."

The castle was even eerier than before. They traveled down the flashlight lit hallway with Kevin in the lead. They walked always looking behind them with their weapons ready. They had the feeling that the madman was not the only thing in the house with them. They were definitely not alone.