Chapter 10

They all ran from the room and back out the way they came in. They got all the way to the ballroom, the dancers were gone.

"They've probably been set free, since you broke the scepter Brian,"A.J. said, his tone was bragging, like: Look what my friend did!

"Yeah,"Brian nodded looking pleased, he had felt sorry for the eternal dancers .

"YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!"Chiros screamed, he appeared in a flare of blue white flames and fury.

"Woa!"BSB jumped back.

"Looks like somebody's been going heavy on the jalapenos.."

Chiros fired flames at them and they jumped out of the way,"You still think you can win! You can't! You made me lose my slaves, but I will have you! I can drink you and still live. I can rebuild my fortress and use you five as examples.."

"You can't do that!"Brian shouted.

"You! You were the one who ruined everything!"Chiros's body charged with a strange blue light,"I will have you first!"

"No!"BSB yelled. Chiros stomped his feet and the floor rattled and shook, the poor walls began to crumple, everyone flew everywhere scattered. A.J. lay sprawled beside the ruins of the antiques, he looked unconscious. A heavy piece of plaster ceiling was beside him.

"It wasn't him!"Nick yelled over all the ruckus, his arms were straight down by his sides with his hands clenched in fists ,"It was me! I told him how to beat you! I outsmarted you!"

Chiros turned his crackling presence away from Brian to Nick,"You... YOU!!! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN SOMEONE WAS HELPING THE OTHER! YOU AWFUL LITTLE BRAT! I SHOULD HAVE HAD YOU FIRST! AND NOW I WILL!!" Chiros fired the blue fire at Nick, he jumped, and the fire struck.

"NICK!!"

There was smoke and no reply, the air around them sizzled with heat.

"You monster..."Howie began in a cold choked voice, he grabbed a ragged piece of glass and tried to charge Chiros. Brian got to him and grabbed him from behind.

Kevin was kneeling beside A.J. who still lie sprawled on the floor on his stomach.

"I will finish you all, just as I have finished him, and then I will have you... It's still not dawn yet. I can still prevail!"

Howie was crying,"No, he can't win. Let go Bri... He just killed Nick! I'm gonna be the brave one for once!"

"Oh yeah, what are you going to do to me?"Chiros laughed,"Come to me. I can make it painless for you."

Howie broke free of Brian with a warrior yell and went barreling at Chiros, Brian chased after him yelling equally as loud. Kevin was yelling at the both of them, as he held A.J.'s head on his lap, he was gonna protect him the best he could. Chiros's body took on a bright blue glow as he posed to fire on both Howie and Brian. This was an odd moment and it was almost like slow motion. Chiros spread out ready for his attack, Brian was grabbing for Howie, Howie was lunging at Chiros... and the sun was starting to break through the night, and there was a hand rising behind Chiros, there was a glint of silver. It came down. A silver blade sliced clean through Chiros's back and pierced through his heart, it glittered and protruded out of the other side of him. Chiros was sputtering, choking on syrup colored blood, and shock. He sunk down to his knees to reveal Nick standing behind him holding the hilt of the knife. Chiros gasped and began to howl in pain and rage, his hands went to his chest, his back, trying to pull the blade out. Chiros wailed, and somehow managed to turn his head and glare at Nick, his foul blood splattered hand reaching for him,"I can still win," Chiros choked,"I can have you!" Nick plunged the knife in deeper still, and Chiros wailed in pain, made a violent, desperate, grab for Nick, and then the first ray of dawn sparkled in though a large hole in the wall, "NO! NOOOO !! AAAAAHH!" Chiros bellowed as the sun seared his skin like fire. Beams of light struck through his body like spears made of lightning.