Chapter 3

Gavin's POV.

I woke up from a nightmare and looked over at Conan. He was still in the same position. I checked the time and it was 5:30 a.m. I snuggled closer to him, almost forgetting I'm crushing on an android. Maybe I should kiss him. What am I thinking? But he wouldn't notice, he is asleep. Nervously, I kissed his cheek.

"Good morning Detective," I squeaked and ran into the bathroom.

Why did I do that--I can't believe this--why the fuck am I such an idiot?! Three knocks on the door made me start to panic.

"Detective Reed, I'm sorry if I scared you!" he yelled through the door. I took a shower but it wasn't until after that I realized I had forgotten my clothes.

"Tin Can grab me some fucking clothes!" I yelled and heard a small clang.

"Yes Detective!" I heard his voice from the kitchen. A few moments later he knocked, gave them to me, and walked away. I quickly grabbed the clothes. It was a black a T-shirt with skinny jeans. I walked out and saw Conan was cooking something. It smelt great. He turned and looked me up and down. "Look what I found." He held up a gun and a note. He looked furious.

Fuck! He found my note... God damn it! Why didn't I throw that away?

"It's not what it looks like, Conan I swear."

Conan looked like he'd been crying. He couldn't have though, he's not a deviant.

"How old is it?" he asked. I thought for a few moments.

"The day before I met you, so 3 days old. Why does it matter to you fucking Trash Can?" He seemed so upset. I wrote it because I was drunk and stupid. If I had never fallen for a certain stupid android, I would have remembered to throw it away. Conan looked away quickly and nodded. I sat at my table and he placed a plate in front of me. It was pancakes.

"You had batter so I thought I'd make it for you." I nodded, they were really good.

"Thanks Tin Can." He took the gun and emptied the bullets into the trash, then put the gun up higher.

"What are you doing Ass Wipe?" He glared at me.

"It would be a shame if our work together was interrupted by your selfish needs."  He seemed so robotic, he's usually not like that.

Why do I have the constant need to get drunk? He took my plate and cleaned it. He then went into the bathroom and changed into his uniform. We got into my car in silence.

At the DPD.

Conan's POV.

He was going to kill himself. He was drinking before, what if he shot himself without a thought because he was drunk? He seemed upset when I found his note.

"Hey Conan, you seemed spaced out. Are you okay?" Connor asked me. I looked at him and I couldn't stop thinking about Gavin. He quickly took me to the bathroom. "You're crying, what's wrong?" I couldn't hold it in any more, I just started crying. I have no clue why I did or how.

Why do I care so much about Gavin? He's a fucking prick. I let Conor pull me into a hug and he let me cry on his shoulder, while he told me it would be okay.

"I'm being so dramatic! It's like he did it but that note... That damn--I can't get it out of my head!" I choked out. Connor patted my back

"What note?" Connor asked.

"The suicide note I found! Gavin's damn suicide note! He was drinking and he just... Why do I feel things for him?" Connor gasped a bit.

"Maybe you can help him out like I did with Hank. He was pretty broken up even years after Cole passed on. I wiped my tears away and nodded. Gavin then walked in. I ran out quickly.

"Hey Fuck Face, wait!" I smacked  Gavin.

"If you ever call me a name again I will put you into the ground," I threatened  him and stormed off. I wouldn't hurt him, but I didn't want him to upset me. I didn't want him to see that I felt things.

Gavin's POV.

What was I thinking? Keeping that fucking note was so stupid. Why didn't I throw it away then, instead of calling him a name? I'm such an idiot. Why do I care so much about him? Why was he in the bathroom with Connor. Were they talking? Why did he run away when I walked in? Was he crying? His eyes seemed puffy. I sat at my desk across from him.

"Hey Gavin! Hank, Connor, and I are going out for a drink. Do you want to come with us?" Tina asked me. I turned to see my friend. I nodded.

"Sure Tina." She smiled and walked away.

After work at the bar.

Conan's POV.

Gavin was very drunk. Tina and him were on their 7th drink and Hank was almost there. But Connor wouldn't let him drink more than 4 glasses. Hank and Connor were flirting. I'm glad androids can't get drunk or drink for that matter.  Tina then kissed Gavin. This feeling I had never felt before stabbed me. I felt so angry and maybe even jealous? Gavin pushed her off of him.

"What the fuck are you doing?" he yelled.

"I love you Gavin! I've always loved you." She had confessed her love but Gavin made a face of disgust. She was drunk and making a huge mistake. Hank started laughing.

"He's gay, you know that right?" I stated coldly. Why coldly, I don't know. I hated the fact I had feelings for him. Everyone looked at me. Tina walked over and shoved me into the wall.

"No he's not you fucking liar!" she yelled in my face. Gavin came over and pulled her off of me.

"Don't you fucking touch him again bitch!" he yelled at her.

Why did he defend me? Maybe he actually cares... No he wouldn't care about a stupid android like me.The bar was silent.

"Let's go Gavin." He nodded and followed me out of the bar. I looked back once to see an angry Tina. I smiled. Gavin stared at me looking me up and down. He then kissed me and I kissed back. He pulled away and murmured, "That was nice." He giggled. Maybe Gavin drinking wasn't such a bad thing. I nodded. Gavin snuggled close to me in the car. I really hope he doesn't remember the kiss in the morning. I sighed. "Conan? Do you love me?" I smiled.

"Yes Gavin, let's go home."

Gavin's apartment.

I carried Gavin through the door. He had passed out in the car. I took his shoes off and tucked him in. I kissed his forehead.

"Good night Conan." I smiled, it was becoming a habit.

"Good night Gavin." I left the room and did the dishes after feeding the cats. I decided to lie down to go into sleep mode to charge. Gavin snuggled closer to me. He was so cute when he was sleepy and drunk.

The next morning.

I woke up next to Gavin and he groaned. "What the fuck happened last night? My head is fucking pounding," he groaned out.

I hope he doesn't remember.

"Did Tina really kiss me?" he asked me. I nodded and he groaned. "Why the fuck would she do that? I thought we were just friends." He looked at me.

"Officer Chen probably thought of you as more of a friend Detective." He sighed loudly  and got up to grab a bowl, some cereal, and milk. He then ate, loudly. He took a shower and changed his clothes.

"Okay, let's go Toaster!" he yelled to me and we left to go to the DPD.