Chapter 13

Conan's POV.

I fucking proposed! Why would I do that? It wasn't for supposed to be like this. Why hasn't he responded? It's only be a minute, let him decide."

"Yes," I looked over to Gavin.

Did he just say yes? Why am I crying? I kissed him. I never wanted that kiss to end but Hank and Connor walked in. I ended the kiss, leaving Gavin smiling. I hated that he was in a hospital bed, it made him look so weak. He would leaving tomorrow and then starting physical therapy for his leg. That bitch had hurt him.

I shouldn't have let her kill herself. I wish I could of been the one to kill her.

"Woah, sorry! Are we bothering you?" Hank said, about to back out of the doorway. Gavin shook his head. "Well good, we got your favorite." He held up a bag from the dinner Gavin used to go to all the time.

"Awesome! I'm starving," Gavin said, grabbing the food Connor gave me. While Hank and Gavin talked I realized how glad I am that they stopped fighting.

"So that was some kiss Hank and I walked in on. Are you two gonna explain?" Connor said, teasing me. I couldn't stop smiling. I only smiled here and there when with Gavin, but I was so happy I couldn't stop smiling. I sighed happily. I pulled the box out, it didn't have a ring anymore. "You proposed?! He said yes, didn't he? Oh my god! That's amazing!" Connor hugged me. Nothing could ruin that moment... Or so I thought. Then she showed up. Gavin's mother with Elijah behind her peeked into the doorway. I ushered them out and followed.

"Well hello Conan."

I can't believe she's here.

"How is he?" Elijah asked, he sounded concerned.

He is faking it... Right?

"He's fine," I snapped at him. He nodded, Gavin's mother was glaring at me.

"Good, then we shall leave let's go Elijah." She started to walk away but Elijah stayed still.

"Mother, I'm worried about him. I'm going to make sure he's okay." Elijah stood still while his mother looked him up and down.

"I don't know what happened to you Elijah! Dating androids, caring about Gavin, and many other things just proved it. You are no longer my son." She stormed off. My smile was gone.

Why can't I just be happy without someone screwing it up? Elijah looked like he was about to cry. He sniffled then walked into Gavin's room, I followed him.

"Elijah, you are here! Wow, thanks! Are you crying?"

Gavin spoke to his brother, "I'm so sorry Gavin! I've always been so awful to you. What if you died thinking I hated you?" Elijah was telling the truth, his heart beat and breathing pattern didn't change. Gavin sat up a bit, wincing in pain.

"Is mom here?" Gavin seemed excited. Maybe the thought of his mother caring about him had made him happy. Elijah shook his head, Gavin looked upset. "Good we don't need that bitch," Gavin said, trying to cover the fact that he was devastated. Elijah nodded.

"I guess we don't really now," Elijah said frowning. Gavin hit his shoulder.

"Hey, she still likes you," Gavin said smiling. Elijah shook his head. I sighed.

"No she doesn't," I snapped. This conversation was going nowhere and I wanted Elijah to leave. Instead, Elijah just stood there awkwardly.

"Mr. Reed, I'm so sorry to bother you, but from my tests you won't be able to use the leg that got shot with complete ease so you may need physical therapy." I nodded, that thought hurt me, the thought he couldn't work because I was too slow.

"Okay, thank you." She nodded.

"I need everyone to leave while I get him ready to leave." The nurse smiled at Elijah and glanced at me. Later, Gavin wheeled out of the room. He was in a wheelchair and it was my fault. I was too slow. I hated the feeling of uselessness. I smiled and took Gavin home.

Gavin's apartment.

Gavin's POV.

I have to go back to work in a few days.

"Hey Conan, did you you know in 2018 it took people a long time to be able to walk again after things like this?" I gestured to my leg, smiling. "But this is the technologically advanced future so it only takes a few days to get back on your feet." I tried standing and I almost managed to, but I flopped back onto the couch.

"Gavin, be careful!" Conan yelled at me. I rolled my eyes, protective Conan was cute. He grabbed a bunch of pillow and blankets to set up the couch. "I'm going to take a shower, be back soon Gavin." He seemed so tense. I was laying on the couch and the bandages on my chest were bugging me. Cash jumped onto my chest. I yelped and shoved him off.

"Sorry buddy, I'm hurt." Conan ran out in just a towel. He was soaking wet and well... fuck.

"Gavin, are you okay?" I nodded, staring.

"Gavin, you're drooling. Anyway, if you are sure you're okay I'll go back." Conan nodded. I was drooling, I was so stupid. Then I realized it.

Holy shit, I'm gonna marry that.

"Cash, Chicken! You guys are gonna have two dads," I said to the cats. Smiling, I thought of Conan. He was so cute and perfect. I woke up, it was dark. I must have fallen asleep. I was on top of Conan, we were cuddling. He must have gotten on to the couch with me when he got out. He held me close as if he thought he could lose me. I kissed his forehead.

"Good night Conan," I whispered to him.

So it turns out next Tuesday is Christmas which means I will be uploading on Christmas so yay and I'm working on my new story I'm hoping everyone will enjoy