*5*

1 month later

Izumi's POV

School had just started up again after the attack. For that time I had practiced my quirk nonstop, and can barely control it. I decided I wasn't going to use it too much until l can control it better.

Izumi's quirk is called crusher (creative I know). She can compress anything around her to a certain degree. The stronger the item, the closer she has to get to it. Her other limits aren't known yet.

"Hey Izumi!" I turned around to see Uraraka running towards me. I had grown closer to the brunnet over the time we were off of school. "H-hey Uraraka!" I greeted her. We chatted about this and that and before I knew it we were at the classroom doors. I push open the door and take a seat at my desk.

"Okay class" Aizawa-sensei announced "Go change into your hero suits and go to the makeshift city. We're doing hero training today." The class burst with excitement.

In the locker rooms

I hesitantly took off my shirt, revealing my back to everyone in the room. I could hear stifled gasps of horror as I hurried to put my hero suit on, which was a skintight green bodysuit that goes down to my knees, with a utility belt to keep various things in. I had on red, flexible, cloth like shoes.

As I enter the clearing that we selected teams in, I found out that I would work with Uraraka to defeat Bakugo and Iida. I sneak a glance at Bakugo who is glaring at me and Uraraka. I catch his eye and stare at him, accepting his challenge without a word. He scoffs and walks into the makeshift building. Uraraka comes towards me to strategize, but the match starts before we could make up a good plan. A surge of confidence ran through me, I felt like a different person, my past helping me. When I fought back then, It was a fight to the death, causing me to become a whole new person when fighting. We walk into the building as the start horn blows. I walk on nimble feet not making a sound as Uraraka and I split up to look for the bomb, promising to call the other if they run into trouble. Although I had no intention of doing so, I never fought well with others. *BOOM* I look at the source of the sound finding Bakugo around the corner. "HEY ROUND FACE! BROCCOLI HAIR! COME OUT AND FIGHT!" his voice boomed (literally) through the halls of the building.  I take advantage of the sound and run up behind him trying to tap his shoulder to get this over with. He whips around as I was inches away from him and created a explosion on my hand. I pull my hand away and start avoiding his explosions. I count in my head 25, 26, 27 as I dodge his attacks. I figured he'd get tired at around 35-50. I settled at 45 to make sure. 39 ,40 ,41, he had slowed down a lot. Not even grazing me as I leaped away. 43, 44, 45. I went in for the attack, jumping over his head I landed behind him and activated my quirk as I reached in, tapping him on the shoulder. He fell to the ground, unable to move, I grabbed the capture tape and tied him up with It. I pushed the button on my ear piece "Uraraka what's your status on the bomb?" I asked.

"I found it, but Iida is guarding it" She replied

"Where is it?"

"4th floor, middle of the building"  I was getting fatigued, but the lurking fear of punishment for loosing replaced my fatigue. "On it" I was on the 3rd floor in the middle. Based on Uraraka's information they should be...  "Hey Uraraka, can you stomp real quick?" In reply I heard a large bang on the floor directly above me. "Coming up, get ready to grab the bomb." I used my compression quirk at its minimum setting, making a hole in the floor above me. I piled some items under the hole as quietly as I could and jumped through the hole. When I got up there I saw Uraraka trying to hold off Iida. I snuck up behind him and tackled him, too fatigued to use my quirk.

"Now Uraraka!" While Iida desperately tried to shake me off Uraraka jumped over to the bomb and grabbed hold of it.

"Izumi and Uraraka Ochako have won the battle!" I hear All Might's voice blast over the speakers, declaring that we had won. I sigh in relief letting my quirk reside. As soon as I do I hear, "HEY, BROCCOLI HEAD! WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GO!!!" My relief soon turned to fear as I was back like my old self. I started to shake, fearing what the explosive teen might do to me. Uraraka notices this and leads me back to the control room where the others were watching. As soon as I stepped in though everyone looked at me in disbelief.

"Was that really you?!" They asked.

"You just took down Iida AND Bakugo!"

"You barely have a scratch on you!" Uraraka and Todoroki (who had been named the cinnamon roll protection squad) stopped everyone's questions, replying with,"Did you forget what she did at USJ?" and "Do you have eyes? Of course its was her!". I looked at them both, gratefully mouthing a 'Thank you'.

"WHERE'S THE BROCCOLI HEADED BITCH!?" Bakugo exploded the doors off the hinges as Iida follows behind him talking about good sportsmanship, and making lots of hand signals per usual. I scamper behind Todoroki clutching onto his shirt. After the class calmed Bakugo down, we all sat on the benches, watching the following matches. I feel a sudden drowsiness envelop me 'Must be the aftermath from the battle' I think as I fall asleep.

Todoroki's POV

I'm watching the following matches as I feel some pressure against my shoulder. I turn my head to see Izumi laying her head on me, fast asleep. 'Cute' I think as I run my fingers through her hair. Soon my battle came up and I reluctantly set her head down on the bench. My match ended in seconds, when I return to Izumi, I see her still laying there. I gently nudge her awake as my match was the last one. When she wakes up she apologized profusely "It's fine, you don't have anything to worry about" I calmed her down, smiling softly at her.

School ended and I began to walk to the dorms with Izumi, when we got there we said our goodbyes as we entered our individual dorms. As I sat in bed one thought occupied my mind. Izumi, her timid nature, her mumble, her innocent face, made me feel like I had to protect her. I tossed and turned until succumbing to sleep. Before my eyes closed I thought about Izumi. 'Why can't I get her out of my head?'