(30)

So many people are supporting this story and I couldn't be happier! Thank you so much for your love and support.

" You can pick out whatever you want Colby," Mars said as he waved his hand around towards the whole store." I promise you that price isn't a problem".

Colby only nodded a reply as he scanned the vast array of clothes in front of him. He shyly walked up to the first rack of clothes, fingers barely touching anything. I could tell he was a little hesitant at the thought of picking out clothes. By the way he acted I assumed he had very few clothes in the warehouse he was forced to stay in.

"What colors do you like Colby?" I said, trying to get him to open up so I could do some shopping while he was distracted.

" Black and grey are pretty cool I guess", He mumbled as he fiddled with the hem of his shirt. So far the only clothes I had seen him in were the color he had just said.

"Well I think blue or maybe a green. I think those two colors might make your hair stand out a little more. Don't you think?"

I watched his face for any sign of excitement but was let down at his stoic expression.With a sigh I turned towards Mars, hoping he could break through the tough exterior Colby had put up. When I turned back around I was genuinely surprised to find Colby, who had walked a  little further through the racks only to stop at a group of colorful shirts.

"Can I try some of these on", He he spoke softly, his timid gaze meeting mine.

" Of course sweetheart! I'll grab you a few of them and some jeans for you to try on. Before long you'll look like a whole new boy". I hastily grabbed several shirts and jeans that I felt would best suit him. It didn't take long for me to create a whole new wardrobe sparring no expense to Mars' wallet.

"So I had Nick and a few others go out to grab a dresser to put in the corner for all of his new clothes. I figured since it might shrink the space in the room, Colby can just sleep with us", Mars said as he sat our shopping bags beside against the bed frame.

" I'll put his stuff away if you want to go make sure he gets something to eat", I negotiated before reaching for the bags.

Mars' hands reached out to stop mine, catching me by surprise. " How about I help you with that and we can both go make sure the boy gets something to eat".

"I'm surprised you care so much about him Mars. I still don't understand why you saved him in the first place?"

" You don't get why I saved him in the first place", He asked in astonishment.

I huffed at his stupidity. " I know why you took him out of his situation you idiot. I mean why do you care so much about him. I've known you for awhile now and you've never given me kid friendly vibes".

"Well you don't me very well then do you Marlow", He smirked,brushing his hand across my face, pushing back the hair that fell. I shivered at his touch as I leaned into his hand slightly. " You don't know what you do you to me", He whispered before turning and walking out of the door.

The soft click of the lock snapped me out of my daze causing me to shake my head." You don't know what you do to me either Mars", I mumbled as I started putting his clothes away. It took me a few minutes after I started putting the clothes in their designated drawers before it clicked. " Hey you idiot, get back here! You said you were going to help me put these clothes up!"