(39)

A month later

"So when's the date?" Hannah asked. I caught her eye through the mirror a second later as she winked.

"What date are you talking" I said confused.

She rolled her eye's at me before turning to face me fully." Your wedding date you idiot!"

I wasn't sure whether it was out of shock or embarrassment, but my mouth fell open. I reached out to swat at her but she dodged the attack quicker than I could lay a hand on her." Hannah I'm not the one getting married here. You and Nick still haven't even planned your wedding and you're asking me about one you made up in your head?"

"Don't be silly Marlow. I've heard a few things from the club girls that say the guys have mentioned Mars popping the question. They say it's soon too."

"That's ridiculous. Yeah I've known him for a few months but we've only been dating officially for a little over a month. I'd say you've all just lost your minds!"

Hannah shook her head at my denial." Believe whatever you sweetheart, but that man lives a dangerous life. You never know if he'll return every time he steps out that door."

I ignored her words and instead turned around to finish polishing a few mugs. We'd been the only two in the bar for quite awhile now and I was starting to regret not accepting an offer from a club girl to go out to eat.I should've known something was up the minute the guys were called into a meeting in the chapel, leaving Hannah to practically corner be behind the bar. Who would've guessed I'd be bombarded by the idea of me getting married.

"I always knew you were a bit loony sis. Mom should've had you tested when we were little,"Nick said interrupting my train of thought.

"I might not be all there but at-least I knew how to ride a bike by the time I was four," I hissed back.

His smile morphed into shock." I can't help that dad never would teach me! I was just thrown on it and fell a whole lot!"

"It's okay Nick, she's just jealous of you that's all,"Hannah cooed as she caressed his shoulder and his bruised ego.

"Leave the poor guy alone Marlow," Mars said appearing from behind me. He wrapped his arms loosely around my waist before resting his head on my shoulder." I need him for runs sweetheart. If his ego is bruised then I might just have to replace him with you."

"I could probably do a better job than him anyway," I replied with a smirk.

Nick's face contorted into a look of disbelief and betrayal as he starred at the two of us." I can't believe my own sister is trying to steal my job. Come on Hannah lets go to my parents house. At-least I know I'm loved there."

Hannah tried her best to stifle her laughter as Nick lead her out of the bar. She waved a quick goodbye to the both of us before disappearing all together.I watched the door for a few more seconds after that, basking in the warmth of Mars.

"So I was wondering if you'd go with me somewhere me later tonight. I asked your mom to watch Colby for us while we're out so we don't have to worry about him."

I finally turned in his arms to face him." Where are we going exactly and for what?"

A little sparkle gleamed in his eye at the question, but he shook his head no in response.He took a few steps back towards the chapel before opening his mouth" You'll just have to meet me outside the club around 6 ad we'll drop Colby off to your mom before we go. And dress casual. I'll see you then." With a wave he dipped back into the open door, shutting it quietly behind him.

I tried my best to shrug off the the thoughts plaguing my mind, but I was going crazy. Eventually I abandoned the mugs and instead headed upstairs to see if I could find anything in the room to tell me about tonight.I was on a mission to figure out what was going to happen tonight.

Sorry for the long wait but I hope you all like the chapter :)