Prologue

Y/N POV

The year was 3128. You were part of the Irish elite known as the Guardian Angels. The name had been give to the group for their suits used cybernetic wings that offered protection and fight. The entirety of the suit was made from nanobots allowing you to have it with you. You checked your wrist mounted SMG. Your team sat in the hovercraft sailing towards a reactor-core laboratory. "The mission is simple. Go in, eliminate any hostiles, shut down the core." Teal said. Thunder boomed around the vehicle. You look to your left and see Reaper and Flare joking around. "This is as close as I can get you." The pilot said over the rain. The four of you activated your suits. The nanobots covered your body. "God that never gets old." Flare said as his helmet covered his face. The team jumped out of the hovercraft and started free falling. More nanobots spread out into your angelic wings. The four of you soared to the roof of the lab. "Archangel, prepare to breach." Teal ordered. You shoulder your firearm and toss a small throwing star to the ground. It started to glow than BOOM! Where the star had once been lay a gaping hole.the four of you drop in. "Kara, do we have a visual on the hostiles." You ask. A female voice answered. No, this floor is clear. But be where of traps. The AI in your helmet answered.

The team slowly made their way to the center of the building. I'm picking up multiple hostile signatures. Kara warned you. Signaling the team you point to opposing sides of the bay doors in front of you. The team gets in position as you pull out another one of your stars. When they were in place you throw the device at the door. BOOM! The blast through the doors inwards. Not even a full second pasted before rapid shots rang out. Teals head exploded in a bloody mess. You dive to cover as the stream of bullets sprayed down the hall. "Kara, how many hostiles are we looking at?" You shout to your AI. Seven sir. She responded. A blast rang out. Flares limp body flew through the air, well what wa left of it. 

You pull the pin on your grenades and tossed it into the room. Three hostiles remaining. Kara informed you. A shout of pain came from Reaper. You look up from your cover and see him get riddled with bullets at point blank range. Lightning struck rapidly outside. Your anger got the best of you. You pull out your assault rifle and deployed your wings. Using your wings you flip over your cover. Everything seemed to slow down. Bullets wizzing past your face you take aim at a hydrogen tank. Squeezing the trigger, your bullets sailed into the container. The blast was bigger than you expected but it got the job done. Suddenly lightning struck the building. You turn towards the bay doors and see a white flash. The impact blasted you back. The only thing you could see was white.