Bio-Bullets

Ash POV

Y/N and Monika entered the cafeteria. Her eyes were red. They sat down next to you in silence. "Monika, what's wrong?" You asked concerned. "It's not me." She said nodded towards Y/N. In his hand was a silver flask. He unscrewed the cap and downed the contents in a single swig. "Your gonna kill yourself with all the alcohol you've been drinking." Doc said from behind you. "If you've seen the things I've seen you'd drink too." He responded without looking up. He calmly placed the flask on the table and turned around. You looked down and noticed his knee was bouncing. Something was obviously bugging him. Monika looked like she wanted to say something but kept her mouth shut. Y/N's mind seemed to be elsewhere. 

He let out a long sigh and looked back up. "Everywhere I go death follows. I only hope he didn't follow me back." He said. Monika looked annoyed. "For the last time it's not your fault." She said confusing everyone at the table. Monika covered her mouth in horror. Y/N looked up to her. "It's okay, you didn't tell them. No need to be ashamed." He said giving her a trusting smile. You looked back to Monika and noticed her face was bright red. "I'm sorry. I never should have asked you to keep a secret from your teammates." Y/N said looking back down guilty. You looked back to Monika curiously. "His family was killed when he was seventeen. Right before he arrived here his entire team was killed in an operation." She trying to keep it short as possible. Y/N had gotten up to grab some food. You watched him go.

 You noticed a black mark hidden under the sleeve of his left shoulder. A tattoo of sorts. When he sat back down you decided to ask him about it. "So I saw your tattoo peaking below your sleeve, what is it?" "It's not a tattoo, it's a scar." He said rolling up his sleeve. The black mark ran up his shoulder and most likely continued onto his back. "Bio-bullets used by an activist group in sector 5." He said like we knew what any of that was. He looked at the confused faces and explained. "A bio-bullet carries a dangerous virus. Usually they inject it in impact, thankfully it only grazed my back but got lodged in my arm.  The toxin spread across my right arm causing the need to amputate. Some got in the wound on my left shoulder and back but not enough to kill. Burned like hell though." He said rolling down his sleeve. "And what is sector 5?" Doc asked intrigued. "The southern half of what you'd call Brazil." He said.