Death Surrounds

Y/N POV

"Okay, I might have a small problem." You said sitting on your couch. "No shit Sherlock." Monika said rolling her eyes. "You drink more than the Russians. I just want to know why." Her bright blue eyes looked up at you pleadingly. "I don't know if I'm ready to share that." You said looking down. Your knee was bouncing violently up and down. "I understand." She said sadly. You heard her get up and open the door. "Monika wait." You said calmly causing her to stop. "Do you promise not to tell anyone?" You ask causing her to nod slowly. She made her way back to the couch and you began. "It started when I was seventeen."

-Flashback-

"Mom! Dad!" You rushed down the stairs if your home. Standing in your kitchen was a man. Part of his face was burned. In his hand was a shotgun. At his feet was the limp bodies of your parents. Your mother's stomach was blown open. Your father was missing the top half of his head. Blood and brains painted the cream colored walls red. Some how the man didn't hear you yelling earlier. Carefully not to make a sound you grabbed a knife from the counter. Silently you approached the mysterious man. With a yell of blind rage you plunged the blade into his collarbone. The man yelled out in agony and dropped the shotgun. Blood sprayed from the wound covering your face but you were to angry to care. You pulled out the knife and stabbed him in the throat. The body hit the floor with a loud thud. Looking down you see your hands. They were covered in blood. The adrenaline faded from your body and you fell to your knees. Tears started streaming down your face. 

Flashback ends

"I should have done more." You said as the image of your dead parents filled your mind. Monika pulled you into a hug. "I'm so sorry. Nobody should have to go through that." She said as tears ran down her face. You took a deep sigh and stood up. "I'm worried for you and everyone here. Everyone around my ends up dead." You said taking a deep breath. "Behind me is only a trail of bodies." "Not true. You saved everyone's lives from that bomb the other day." Monika snapped back with tears in her eyes. "I won't let you go down this road of self destruction. Nobody can carry the weight of the world on their shoulders. Not without help." She added softly as she pulled you in an embrace. The two of you stood there in silence. Her warmth wrapped around you. "Thank you Monika. I really needed to hear that." You whispered stepping back. "How about we grab a bite to eat?" You asked. She nodded and the two of you made your way down to the cafeteria.