The Talk

Briar-10 Grey/Atti-8 Mariah-5

Amelia Styles

"Okay, so let's be honest here." I say from the table, sitting across from Briar, Grey, and Atticus while I was next to Harry. "Do you know how babies are made?" I murmur, knowing we've avoided this conversation for a long time.

Harry and I have never given any of our kids 'the talk', and there's a reason for that. We just... don't want to. It's never suppose to be an easy topic to tell your kids about and you always pray it goes smoothly. We decided to kill three birds with one stone, telling Briar and the twins at once. It didn't seem too bad because Briar was ten and the boys were only eight but we think it was fine to tell the boys a bit earlier because generally they will grow up with sexual desires faster then girls do.

The ten year old sits with her chin on the table, legs crossed on the chair as she just stared blankly at us in between her brothers who just shrugged.

"Your stomach." Atticus starts off.

"Well yes, that's where a baby grows. But do you know how they get there?" I then ask.

They all just blinked, Briar shaking her head.

I look over at Harry who looked just like his kids, staring blankly and avoiding words. I nudge his side, making him snap his eyes to me.

"I'm not telling them the hard part." He whispers with a head shake.

"Harry." I nudge him again.

He looks back at most of his children, huffing.

"Okay so when a guy gets turned on his dic-"

"Wait wait wait." I cut him right off because this was already not working out.

"What? This is what they're suppose to know isn't it?" He looks at me in confusion.

"You can't just say turned on and...dick." I whisper the last part so they wouldn't hear.

"Well then how am I suppose to say it?" He asks, obviously just as clueless on how to do this as I am.

"Penis." Grey speaks, answering for me.

We looked at him as he sat there more calm and less shy then the rest of us.

"Right." Harry murmured. "So I love your mum very much and she loves me."

"And because we loved each other, we decided to make a baby." I add on, striking confusion in all of their little faces.

"Well how did that happen?" Atticus scrunched his nose.

"Well when you forget to wear a condom for the first time you actually end up gettin-"

"Harry." I stop him because he was so unfiltered with all of it, they are still only kids.