"There Seems to be a Mixup.."

Briar-3 Grey/Atti-9 months

Harry Styles

With my ass in the warm sand and my legs straight out and folded on one another, I was sitting within screams of people that weren't over three feet tall. My one hand was leaned and buried back in the sand behind me, my other hand holding a book up to my eyes where I could see it. I was at a park, sitting with the twins who sat crossed legged and played in the sand. Amelia was over at the jungle gym watching Briar try and use monkey bars for the first time. I had the easy job, just sit with the two 9 month old babies who didn't do anything other then sit there and roll sand in there hands. Briar was at the age where she has so much energy and she wants to do everything she possibly could without ever stopping. So going to a playground was hell for us because not only did one of us have to accommodate the twins but the other unlucky person had to keep track of Briar constantly. Usually kids could just play on their own at a park but she's only three and a three year old climbing up slides and monkey bars was destine for tragedy if no one was to catch her when she falls.

But luckily, it was Amelia's turn today to chase the monster and I got to kick back with the two boys for a change. Atti and Grey were really content children for the most part. If you plop them in the sand and give them a tiny shovel then they are set for hours without making a noise. They didn't cry or fuss or bitch at the park, they just played with each other while staying sat in the same spots.

I think being twins just keeps them occupied longer because they have each other to communicate with.

It was a very sunny summer day, the sun baking on us but I made sure to lather everyone in a shit ton of sunscreen before we went out. Grey and Atticus both had little hats on to protect their heads even though all the hair they have makes me think they'd be fine without them. Amelia decided to put them in matching outfits which really corny but I won't say anything. She'll do anything to make them alike and it's actually quite amusing. I mean they look absolutely identical physically so I don't think anyone would have issues knowing they were twins already.

But she dressed them in white shirts and blue striped overalls, no shoes on their tiny feet because we knew they were gonna be in the sand.

My eyes scanned the book I was reading while they both sat right infront of me facing each other. Grey was fiddling with the shovel and Atticus just dug his hands deep into the sand.

I watched Briar run by, kicking sand in her trial and laughing while shortly after seeing Amelia running after her. I looked up through my sunglasses and watched as she stopped right in front of us, out of breath.

"Having fun?" I smile as she places her hands on her hips and hunches over a bit.

"I'm in hell." He pants.

"Sucks doesn't it?" I say in a petty tone, only because I'm usually the one on Briar duty.

"Why does she never stop? She's a machine." She breaths.

"Mhmm." I nod. "I'm just here catching up on my book and getting a nice tan on my shins." I say while pointing down to where my black pant legs were rolled up to just under my knees. I wasn't much of a shorts in public type of guy, I just stuck with my black t-shirt and pants always.

She looks at my legs and rolls her eyes.

"Switch with me." She states.

"No way." I shake my head.

"Pleaseeeee, I'm dying over here you're much better at chasing after her." She pleads while falling to her knees in the sand, facing my side.

"Not a chance." I shake my head.