Twin Labour

Amelia Styles

"Jesus fucking shit Harry!" Amelia screamed while throwing her head back into the hospital pillow, hands on her very pregnant belly.

"I know baby I know." I ran my hand repetitively through her sweaty hair off her forehead, sitting in a chair next to her bed.

"Fuck Harry they're killing me." She pinched her eyes shut and scrunched her face up during a big contraction. She went into labour nearly eleven hours ago, an awful eleven hours of pure pain she's gone through and it's just been getting worse.

"They're probably fighting already." I couldn't help but joke to try an lighten the mood.

"Not. Funny." She sent me daggers before pinching them shut again.

"Okay I'm sorry." I shake my head. "You should be fully dilated soon and we can start pushing."

"I need them out!" She was very restless.

"Just breathe sweetheart." I try to stay calm for her sake but this was very stressful for the both of us- her more then me obviously. The last time we were here was with Briar being born and that was a crazy day. I wasn't even here for half of it because I was abducted. Then when I got here for the part where she pushes, she ended up having to go into dangerous surgery due to the amount of blood she lost afterwards.

And now we were hanging twins- two babies she was going to push out of her today and I was really scared. I didn't want the same thing to happen to her again. Briar's birth literally ripped her apart and she wasn't even that big of a baby.

I still couldn't believe we were gonna leave with two more babies today. We were going from a family of three to a family of five in just one day.

"Fucking hell!" She shouted in pain.

"I'm sorry baby." I pouted, still running her hair back. "They're probably just trying to figure out whose going first."

"By this rate it feels like they wanna come out at the same fucking time!" She exclaimed with her legs spread.

"Do you feel like you need to push? I can get the doctor to check you're dilation again."

"Yeah, I feel like I need to push." She nods very quickly.

"Okay." I get up and go find the doctor, luckily he was nearby. I bring him back to where he rolls a chair over at the end of Amelia's bed, reaching between her legs and under her hospital gown.

"Okay Mrs. Styles, you're definitely dilated and if you just give me a few minutes we can start pushing." He said what sounded like music to our ears. She was finally gonna get to push after eleven hours of pain.

"Thank fucking god." She cussed again. "I want them out."

"I'm sure you do." He agrees, "you'll hopefully have them out before the hours up." He smiles while getting up and hurrying out of the room, nurses coming around to set everything up. The room started getting more inter because everything was running around it, getting ready for the delivery now after hours of waiting.

"It's finally here babe." I smile, but she looked nervous.

"I'm about to push two humans out of my body." She swallowed.

I paused as it kinda hit me harder. I obviously always knew that but her just saying that now was really hitting me different. Two people were about to come out of her; she's been carrying two whole people on her uterus for nine months.

"Right. Well we better get started then." I nodded before standing up. "Sit up."

She sits up and I get on the bed behind her, sitting down and spreading my knees so she could lay sitting up against my chest. I grabbed her hands, kissing her ear.