Workout

Briar-6 Greys/Atti-4 Mariah-11 months.

Amelia Styles

It was around 8am on this Saturday morning that I was upstairs tidying up. Cleaning the dishes, scrubbing the stove, washing down the highchair, picking up toys, and really just as much as I could do before attending to a child again.

They were all in the basement with Harry as he did his morning workout. They all really liked to watch him workout plus there was a television down there that they played their cartoons on. It was really a good point of the weekend that I can get things done for forty five minutes.

When I was finishing up, I headed down to the basement to come retrieve baby Mariah for a bath.

I tapped down the stairs to hear the cartoons louder and louder the closer I got, getting around the corner to see what everyone was doing. The only things in this basement was the laundry machines, a television and playpen in the corner and Harry's insane amount of workout equipment.

The one wall that all the equipment was facing was covered top to bottom in mirrors. The entry way to the basement was at the back of the room so I could see all of their faces through the reflective surface.

To my surprise no one was watching the television in the corner, everyone was up on their feet. The twins were using fake weights to pretend like they were actually working out like Harry, lifting these weightless toy barbells in the air and acting like they were super heavy.

Briar was hitting the punching bag over and over again, barely making it move but holding a look of fury on her face. She had some pent up anger.

Then on the treadmill was Harry doing a paced jog, Mariah strapped to his chest in one of those baby carriers. She bounced up and down as he mildly ran in place, a joy on her face.

Harry ran in his basketball shorts and random white t-shirt that was sticking to his back out of sweat. His hair was pushed back with one of my plastic hair bands which always made me laugh.

My whole little family was working out.

"I see we have a little boot camp down here." I make myself visible, Harry immediately looking at me through the mirror in front of him.

"They're in training." He grins while still running in spot.

I smile and walk toward them into the room. Walking by Atticus lifting the toy weight and kissing the top of his head.

I walk over to the treadmill and stand in front of it so Harry and Mariah both face me. My eyes go straight to Mariah who was sitting like a starfish in the carrier, her tongue sticking out as she bounced from Harry's jog.

"You having fun baby?" I say to her with a big smile, finding this quiet funny to watch.

She laughs really abruptly, swinging her arms up and down. I'll take that as a yes.

"She adds extra weight which I need, plus this is the...only way I can keep an eye on her." Harry pants, arms up by his side as he ran.

"I'm glad you've found good use of our children." I chuckle, stepping on the front plastic part of the treadmill so I was taller then him.

He smiles and nods, his pushed hair back in a hairband. "She loves it." He breathes.

I lean forward and pucker my lips, him meeting me half way and quickly pecking my lips while running in spot.

"I like how sweaty you are." I smirk, looking at the sweat blanketing his biceps, making his black tattoos more contrasted on his tanned skin.

"Are you flirting with me?" He grins while running.

"A little. It's the baby strapped to your chest that makes you even more desirable." I joke, looking at Mariah smiling at me while bouncing.

"Do you think I'm scrambling her brain?" He asks, looking down at her while trying to keep his breathing under control.

"No I think she's good." I laugh.

He shrugs and slows down the machine to a gentle stop, standing still and panting into the air. I hand him his water bottle on the ground, he wastes no time unscrewing the top and pouring it back into his mouth. Sweat dropped down the side of his face from his hairline, he was so hot.

"Thanks baby." He says to me, leaning forward and planting another kiss on my lips.

I smile into the kiss before looking down at Mariah just sitting strapped against his chest.

"Get a good workout in sweetheart?" I say to her as she smiled, reaching her arms out for me. I unstrap her harness and lift her out from her armpits, bringing her to me.

Harry takes off the straps that were around his back and tosses it to the side, stepping off the treadmill with his water.

"Mumma." Mariah hums to me.

"Yes mumma baby." I kiss the side of her head while walking over to the others.

"Alright twins, you're up." Harry says while taking another swing of water and getting down on his hands and knees.

They ran over like they knew exactly what he meant, climbing onto his back and perching themselves down.

"You good?" Harry asks to them.

"Yes." They said at the exact same time.

Harry started going up and down in pushups, them gripping onto his sweaty shirt while watching the cartoons. I chuckled to myself while shaking my head, turning to Briar who was still punching the punching bag.

"You're gonna tire yourself out babe." I say to her while running her long brown hair out of her face.

"I'm just like daddy." She smiles with her gapped front teeth, going hard on that leather punching bag.

"Okay well be careful baby." I smile before walking up towards the stairs with a baby on my hip.

"Mumma Mumma Mumma." She said over and over again.

"Yes Mariah?" I look at her.

She leans forward and stickers her tongue out against my lips, making me scrunch my nose and laugh.

"You're gross." I tease as she just laughs, continuing to stick her tongue out again my cheek but I just let it happen.

I take one last glance at the workout room, watching our kids all around doing different things. I smiled to myself, realizing how fast their all growing up.

13 years Later

I walk down the stairs into the basement hearing the music blasting like usual Saturday morning. With the laundry under my arm needing to go into the wash, I step down into the testosterone filled room that smelled like sweat.

Running in the treadmill was Grey with a headband keeping his hair back. I saw his face in the reflection of the mirror as he ran, looking just like his father who was doing pull ups next to him on the tall bar. Harry was in just his black shorts, pulling his body up and down the pole which made his biceps huge. I smirked and watched the sweat go down his defined back.

Grey was in a very loose white tank top that was open down his entire sides. He had the identical build as Harry and when they were both next to each other working out it tripped me out.

Just yesterday it felt like I was watching all my babies down here, sitting on Harry's back as he did push ups and strapped to his chest as he ran the treadmill. When did Grey become a man like his father?

//