Chapter Seven

Tate's POV

Shortly after the incident in the coffee shop, I dragged/carried the water spirit, who's name I still didn't know, to the hotel down the road where I rented out a room by the month. We were gone before the police had even been dispatched, thanks to my life long hunter training. It was a nice hotel, and my room was on the first floor. The vampires, most of whom I'd made friends with over the years, ran it, so seeing me bring in a girl covered in blood was nothing but a tempting piece of meat they knew they couldn't have. I walked through the lobby and hallway to my room and laid her on the bed. I gave her the best first aid I could, removing the shard of glass and placing a cool, wet washcloth over the cut, and decided to tend to my wounds. Although I hadn't been hit with any large piece of glass, I still had many small cuts that I had to dig at until I pulled all of the clear material out. Afterwords, I decided to take a shower and rinse off all the blood. I was under the semi-warm water for no longer than five minutes when I came out, and she was gone. Disappeared. Or at least, she wasn't on the bed where I had laid her. Thats when I felt the anger creeping in. She would surely be dead the second she walked outside. If not by the gaping hole in her neck than by a hunter.  That's when I heard the wimpers coming from the powder room. I made my way over there, knocking on the door. 

"Uhm..." I kicked myself mentaly for not learning her name earlier. "Are you... okay?" After a few moments of silence I went to knock again. She opened the door first though. Her eyes were strange now. The innermost part was red, but it faded out to yellow.  

"Are you okay?" I ask again. I realized I was staring at her and glanced at the ground, then back at her. She nodded twice. She turned back to the mirror quickly, too quickly, and started to fall, grabbing the sink for support. 

"Maybe you should lie down again..." I suggest half heartedly. She shook her head softly.

"I'm fine," she insisted. That's when I noticed my reflection in the mirror. One of the larger cuts on my face still hadn't stopped bleeding, and blood was dripping from my cheek onto my black tee shirt. She seemed to notice as well, and turned to face me once again. Her eyebrows furrowed at the cut and she slowly reached towards me, placing her hand gently over the red wound. Closing her eyes, she seemed to be focusing on nothing but gash. Then suddenly, I was surrounded by a gold light.  As soon as it had begun, however, it faded away, along with the pain. Not just the pain from my face, but every cut I had recieved. It took me a few minutes to realize my eyes were closed, so I opened them slowly, blinking a couple times. I looked in the mirror and any trace of a injury was gone. My face, my back, everywhere. I was completly healed. 

"Oi, that's a neat trick. Can you do it to yourself?..." It wasn't until I looked down that I realized she had fainted again. I picked her up and carried her back to the first of the two bedrooms. Then I walked to the second, amazed at how little effect the three coffees I'd had an hour ago had on me. I lay down on the bed, and sleep comes almost instantly.