Chapter Nine

3rd Person POV

As he paced back and forth, he thought of all the pain he was going to cause. The Master had told him this would bring excitment. It only brought him a stomach ache. He continued pacing he tuned out the two girl's screams, pretending he wasn't the one who had caused them the fear. He would do anything to back out now, but he wouldn't. Not if The Master could truely do as he said he could. He checked the cheap flip phone for the millionth time that day, and then began to stuff it back into his pocket. 

"I trusted you!" Gabrielle yelled at him. Those three words left a major dent in him. But then the phone rang, and the shrill sound could be heard throughout the cold, dark room. He pulled it out, flipping it open. It was The Master. It was always The Master.

"Have you done it yet?" The cold voice on the other end of the line asked. 

"N- no..." he replied. Click... The line went dead, and he stuffed the phone back in his pocket. He knew what he had to do. He reached for the knife he had stolen from the kitchen, and walked over to where Gabrielle was chained. He wanted to tell her he was sorry, but The Master had told him not to say anything. Ignoring the young girls cries and pleads, he dragged the blade from her wrist to the inside of her elbow with only enough pressure to cut the outer layer of skin. But still, she blead more than he was anticipating. The sick feeling in his stomach returned in ten fold. Running to another room of the building, he vomited on the floor.