Chapter Ten

Cami's POV

Tara had been missing for almost a week now, and everyone at the school was treating Coutney, Chad and I, like she'd been killed, along with Gabbie and the non-royal. All search parties had ended, and the memorials had started. Since three had gone missing, we had three funerals. Courtney lost it at the first one, her sisters. Even those who didn't attend wore black all day, each of the three days. We couldn't even say that nothing had happened to Tara, even though she had run away. If she had survived, she'd have been back by now. No, she died. So had Gabbie and her roommate. And the royals, the people that were supposed to avenge my cousins death, did nothing. 

        "We can't start a war with the hunter faction," they said, "word spread about Chamberlin, we don't have any alies now." Of couse that was on a need to know basis. The entire situation was. If the spirits outside the school knew, or the parents of the children that they send her to be safe, all hell would break loose. For the first time since Tara's funeral, three days ago, I spot Chad walking down the corridoors in the East Wing of the classrooms, which hadn't been used since the 1920's. It was a spot marked with evil, things had happened that after you were told once, you never dared spoke about again. But I had to walk through there to get to the dining room. 

        "Chad!" I yell, running to meet him. His gaze meets mine with an icy effect, and I stand a few feet away from him, "Chad why are you here?"

        "Don't worry about it," he replies, looking away. 

        "I am worried about it! I-"

        "You what? Feel the need to look over your best friends brother, like you did last time? Tara's dead now. You don't have to take care of me or... or keep my secrets.., She's dead, and it's my fault." He ends his sentence with complete assurance, and walks away from me. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chad's POV

I could still taste the vomit in my mouth after leaving the East Wing. Unfortunately, I ran into Camille. As much as I cared for her, I hated her. And even more than I hated her, I hated Tara. After our parents died, Tara was so consumed in her own grief to realize how deeply I'd allowed mine to overcome me. It was after Camille had walked in on me, about three minutes from bleeding out, that something changed. To this day I can't pinpoint it. But seeing her again... it was like reliving that grief all over again. Tara died because I allowed the Master in. He told the hunter's where she was. What the school didn't know is that on of their own students was the one responsible for the first years. I hadn't killed them yet, Master had told me not too. But he also told me he could bring back my parents, Tara even, which I was beinging to doubt. The sane part of me said it wasn't possible, but the desperatly depressed side needed it. 

        Upon returning to my dorm, I begin to regret my words said to Camille. She was trying to help, and I yelled at her. She had lost Tara as much as I had. But I would be the hero. The one to return them all.