Maya or Agatha

Stein P.O.V

Lord Death said for Maya and Spirit to leave. I'm assuming he wants to talk with me about Maya's soul.

"Why did you want me to stay?" I asked. I'd say he had a concerned look on his face but in all fairness, the mask makes it hard to tell.

"It's about Maya's soul. I'm not sure if you notice but the red half glows. Almost like it's communicating with her." he said. I cock my eyebrow and tilt my head to the side.

"Are you saying that Agatha Rune could still talk with Maya?" I asked. I was rather doubtful about Agatha's soul communicating with Maya's but she was the witch of souls. Maya never gone into detail about the experiments Agatha had done on her. We're still very much in the dark about her past. We just know the general information.

"It's definitely possible. We both know Agatha was the witch of souls and, like you, was a lover of experiments. Maybe we should question Maya about the experiments and-"

"And make her relive twenty years of pain and agony?!" I shouted. I was surprised at myself. I never expressed this much concern for anyone. Not even Maya or Spirit.

"That's a new tone." Lord Death teased.

"Sorry." I said monotonously, "I'll ask Maya about the experiments."

"No. You're right. However, she'll have to relive it at one point or another. There's going to be a time when we don't have a choice and we're going to have to question her about it. For now, have a good time at the dance and make sure you keep an eye on her." he said. I nodded in agreement. I was still rather surprised with myself. Maya has been on my mind a lot lately and I couldn't explain why.

I was walking back home. Maya was still on my mind. Her pale blue eyes that always see right though any of my antics. She knows I'm mad. She somehow manages to bring me out of it.

"She really is an extraordinary girl." I thought to myself. Suddenly, Maya ran past me without even noticing I was standing there. She was running like her life depended on it. I decided to follow her. Maya ran off into a deep part of the woods. "Where is she going?" I thought to myself. She stopped in the middle of a clearing deep in dark woods near the house. I hid behind a thick tree and watched her. She stood still. Then, she started screaming in agonizing pain. She clutched her head and arched her back frontwards.

"I...won't... let.... You win!" she screamed. Her voice sounded like it was glitching. As if it was changing between hers and another voice. The second voice sounded familiar. I wanted to run up to her and stop her before she hurt herself. However, something..... Something in the back of my mind told me to stop. Don't move. Don't take so much as a slight breath. She was flinging herself from tree to tree. She was shrieking in pain. She was digging her fingers into her head, causing her blood to run down her head. All of a sudden, she stood upright. She was no longer in pain. She looked in my direction. I felt my eyes widen. Her eyes were different. They weren't their usual pale blue color that I've grown to enjoy looking at. They were yellow.

"Foolish girl." the woman spoke, "I told you. You wouldn't be able to hold me back forever." I recognized that voice. It was a deep, heavy, and sensual voice. Nothing at all like Maya's. Hers was slightly raspy. It wasn't heavy like that woman. Maya's was filled with a sarcastic and serious tone. Rarely joking.

It was Agatha Rune.

Maya P.O.V

I was sitting around at home. I was about to make myself some tea when I felt her trying to break free. She's tried before but failed. Every time it gets worse and worse. She's come close to overtaking me multiple times.

"Stein will be home any minute. I can't let him see me like this." I thought to myself, "He can't know about her. I have to leave now!" I burst out the house and ran to my hiding place in the woods near the house. My hiding place is a clearing deep in the woods. I stopped running once I reached the clearing. I didn't feel her trying to break free anymore. I was about to turn around and go home when I felt this intense, throbbing, and stinging pain in my head. I could hear her evil laughter with each throb. I clutched my head tightly. Digging my nails into my skull as a way to keep her inside of me. To prevent her from taking hold of my body as her own. I could feel blood running down my head as I pressed my nails further and further into my head. I arched my back frontwards to try and prevent her moving. I shrieked bloody murder as if that would give me some sense of relief. The pain was overwhelming. I could feel myself wrestling with her to keep her from coming back. I could hear her wails mixed with my own voice.

"I...won't... let.... You win!" I screamed with all my might. I could feel myself wrestling with her to keep her from coming back. I began throwing myself from tree to tree as a way of hurting her. I didn't care if I got hurt. "I can't let her break free." I thought to myself. I could feel her overpowering me. Nothing I was doing was working. Her evil laughter was ringing in my ears. Then, everything went black.... She won.