Flowers (K)

My first one-shot!

It's inspired by this fanart that I just love because it's cute and fluffy aksljdks

I found it on "spooky.klance.ig" on instagram and the artist is Miluuu on tumblr:)

For the most part, they'll all be in third person pov because I find that the easiest way to write a story for me, but I'll try and do first person pov from either Keith or Lances pov:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keith was running around his and Lances' apartment trying to find his iconic red and white jacket while simultaneously slipping on his red converse. Lance had called an hour earlier telling Keith to be ready by the time he came because he had a surprise. Keith, being himself, took a nap saying that it would only be 20 minutes.

It was actually 45 minutes.

He woke up only 10 minutes ago, panicking and running around screaming, "I'm late!".

Just as he slipped his jacket over his grey t-shirt, the door opened and in walked Lance. "I'm home!" He called out, already knowing his boyfriend well enough to tell that he had napped and is now panicking.

"Hey babe," Keith said in a sheepish manner. His hair was everywhere, shirt crumpled, and shoes untied.

"Keith."

"Yes?"

"Did you take a nap instead of getting ready like I asked you to?"

"Yes."

Lance sighed, but couldn't be mad at his messy looking boyfriend. He knew Keith just couldn't help it sometimes.

"You're a mess." Lance laughed when his adorable best friend blushed in embarrassment.

"You love me though." Keith said while giving Lance a cute smile.

"Yes I do," Lance said, but he couldn't begin to even describe how much he loves and adores Keith. "Come here mullet head."

Keith laughed and walking over to Lance, wrapping his arms around his neck while Lance wrapped his arms around Keiths waist.

"Can I get a kiss?" The violet eyed boy asked with a hopeful look on his face.

"You can if you promise to not complain on the drive to the surprise."

Keith huffed, "Fine. Now shut up and kiss me."

"As you wish." Lance bent down and captured the raven haired boys lips in a slow, passionate kiss. The kiss turned into soft, delicate pecks of the lips then they pulled away.

The boys looked at each other with looks of pure adoration and love. Their gazes told each other how much they appreciated one another.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lance sighed, "You said you wouldn't complain if I gave you a kiss."

"Yea, I know, but we've been driving for almost an hour. You know I'm impatient."

"We're almost there, babe, just a little longer."

"Fineee," Keith whined, he just wanted to see what his boyfriend had in store for him.

"I love youuu," Lance sing-songed this to Keith, hoping to lighten his mood, even making kissy faces.

Keith laughed at blue eyed boy, "Shut up. I love you too." He grabbed Lances free hand and intertwined their fingers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Put this on."

Keith raised an eyebrow when Lance handed him a blindfold. "Why?" He asked suspicious of Lances plans.

"Oh my god," Lance laughed, "I'm not gonna kill you. Just put it on."

Keith just narrowed his eyes.

"Please?" Damnit. Lance brought out the puppy dog eyes.

"Fine." Keith huffed and rolled his eyes when Lance gave him a bright smile. "I better not die today or I'll come back and kill you."

"I promise you won't die," Lance then muttered, "maybe."

"What! Lance!" Keith exclaimed trying to untie the blindfold.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Calm down."

Keith responded by mimicking him in a high pitch voiced with his face srunched up.

"You're so cute." Lance kissed Keiths nose.

"Shut up." The blindfolded boy grumbled.

After about 15 minutes of walking on what felt like a dirt path, Lance brought them to a stop.

"Okay, we're here. I'm going to take the blindfold off of you now."

"Finally."

When Keith allowed his eyes to adjust to the sunlight, he saw that they were in a flower field full of red and orange flowers.

He looked around and saw Lance standing near a blanket with a picnic basket on it.

"What's all this?" He asked Lance who was smiling at his shocked reaction.

"I planned a picnic for us. Do you like it?" Lance bit his bottom lip nervously.

"Oh my gosh, of course you idiot." He saw the way Lance released a sigh of relief and walked over to plant a sweet kiss on the tanned boys lips.

"I brought pasta, some fruit, chocolate, and water."

"That sounds perfect. I love you, Lance. "

"I loved you too, Keith."

They gave each other another kiss, sat down, and ate until they were too full.

When everything was packed up in the car the couple decided to walk around in the flowers a little bit, hands intertwined, arms swinging.

They came to a dirt patch on a small hill and sat down.

Lance picked some flowes and started to weave them into a flower crown while Keith watched him with a fond look.

"How'd you learn that?" Keith asked him.

Lance giggled at the memories flashing in his head, "I made them for my sister."

Keith could only smile at his boyfriend. He always loved how important family was to Lance and how he always spent whatever time he could with them.

When Lance was finished with the first crown, he turned to Keith, who was now sitting on his jacket and pulled Lance to sit in between his crossed legs.

Keith wrapped his arms around Lances lower back with his legs on either of Keith.

Lance delicately placed the crown onto Keiths head, pushing and brushing away any hair that got in his way.

"It suits you." Lance smlied down at his raven haired boyfriend who looked less intimidating with flowers on him.

"Why thank you." Keith laughed.

They looked at each other with fond looks and finally shared a sweet, loving kiss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Wow! Exactly 1,000 words! Well, I hope you liked this, I actually loved how this turned out. Thank you for reading! See you on the next one:)

-sweetpotatoe