Angst (K)

Don't hate me please lol. All of the one shots I've written have been fluffy, so we gotta have some angst to balance it out ya know? I really don't know why I got the sudden urge to write angst, it's probably because I was looking at fanart and came across a pretty flippin sad one. If I have to suffer through klance angst, you do too. And you too Lilo. You're so gonna smack me for this when we get back to school lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Lance's POV)

"I remember finding out where you were the most ticklish and taking advantage of it during our cuddles just to hear your laugh, when you would kiss every bruise after our training sessions, and the day I decided that from then on, I would wake up before you, so I could wake you up with kisses."

I laughed.

"You always looked so adorable wearing my clothes, I always loved that. And you smelling like my shampoo because you were always too lazy to go buy your own bottle. Your mullet was so soft and got extremely fluffy when I ran my fingers through it."

"Even though you were such a tough guy on the outside, you were also such a softy. When I got into my moods of being homesick, you'd drag me to the hangar and just hold me, your warmth and Blue's purrs always helped."

I wiped the tear falling.

"But now... that's all gone. No more cuddles, no more laughs, no more kisses, no more seeing you and your big, beautiful smile everyday."

"I always feared that it'd be some space creature or battle that would take you from me, but no. It was a stupid fight that started because of me."

"We were becoming distant and I thought taking a break was the best for us, so that night, on our way home, I told you that. You were driving and when I told you, you started crying and yelling that we don't need a break, that we just need to talk, but I wasn't listening and was yelling back. It was so bad that you didn't see the red light or the trailer that was coming towards us."

"I remember waking up with my head hurting and vision blurry, I turned to see you facing me, but you're eyes were so dull and dead. You weren't breathing anymore and I screamed at you to wake up, but you wouldn't move. The paramedics came and I yelled for them to help you first, but they wouldn't listen. I knew you were dead but I didn't want to accept it."

"I didn't want to accept that the last thing I said to you was "I hate you" because I was angry and upset and tired."

"They got your heartbeat back in the ambulance somehow, so there was hope for you, for us. But at the hospital, you wouldn't wake up again and there nothing they could do."

"You were in a coma for almost year, but I couldn't take it anymore and pulled the plug on you a couple years ago. I believe, that somewhere, in another universe, you woke up and we're happy now, maybe even planning our wedding or something like that."

"But, in this world, you're not here anymore and I hate it so much, I hate that the last thing you heard was me saying "I hate you" because I don't. I love you so much and always will, I'll never stop loving you."

"And it hurts so much. The pain of losing you is too much, I know that you'd want me to keep going and move on, but I don't think I can. You are the love of my life and I can't see myself with anyone else."

"What's kind of funny is that people are already saying that I should find someone else and be happy, but they don't understand. They don't understand how happy I was with you and how I think it's all my fault."

"You always told me, "there are things we can have, but can't keep" and that would be that, but let me ask you this because I never thoguh about it until know."

"Who cares if one more light goes out in the sky of a million stars? Who cares when someone's time runs out if a moment is all we are?"

"Well I do. I will always love you, forever, but it's time for me to actually move on now. You will always have a place in my heart and you will always be my first love, but I've found someone else now."

"I know, it's pretty shitty of me to marry your best friend, but he's made me so immensely happy and has helped me so much since you died. I love him and he loves me and we're getting married today. Can you believe that? I'm getting married, even when I though I never would once you passed away."

"Goodbye for now, I'll make sure to come around more often to talk to you since I never did it much before, but Keith has been encouraging me to. He doesn't want me to forget you, hell, he felt terrible that he fell for his best friend's ex, but that's how life works. Thank you for all the memories, laughs, cuddles, and just a beautiful life with you. I love you."

I wiped away any stray tears tha had fallen and stood, brushing off anything that got onto my suit. I turned around to walk back to the car where my soon to be husband was waiting for me.

"Hey," Keith said softly once I got into the car. "How do you feel?" He asked as he grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers.

"I feel... free almost." And it was true, I hadn't been to Spencer's grave in years and always felt guilty about it, but Keith brought me here on our wedding day because he knew I needed this closure. "Thank you for bringing me here, for always being there for me even when I didn't want you to be. I love you, Keith Kogane. Now lets get married!"

Keith laughed, "I love you too, Lance Kogane."

We were married in the presence of our family and friends. And I knew, deep down, that Spencer was watching over me and was happy that I was no longer letting the guilt I felt eat away at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who thought that Lance was talking to Keith's grave?

Did you guys actually think I would kill one of my babies? That was the original plan, but it hurt too much to think about it, so I changed it.

I hope this was kinda good? I don't know, when school is out and we're on vacations, I fall into more depressive episodes, so this is the product of my current episode.

Also this was kind of a whole mess lmao. First, Lance is talking about not being able to move and then all of the sudden, he's getting married? Wow, Sandra, great consistency.

I didnt realize until now that I literally described Keith, so for anyone confused: Lance was dating someone named Spencer and Spencer, was part of the Voltron team (just go with it okay?) He was basically like Keith, just different ya know? Sorry if that was a bit confusing, I apologise.

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, this has not been edited.

Thank you for reading! *prepares to be smacked by Lilo, my best friend and fellow klance shipper*