Chapter 4

There were a few rhythmic knocks on the door.

"Coming!" Alex shouts.

She opens the door and Kara is standing there.

"Hey Alex! Lena and Sam are gonna be here soon." Kara informs.

"Alright cool, no Ruby?" Alex asks.

"No Ruby, she had practice with a friend and they're having a sleepover." Kara informs again.

They grabbed a couple drinks from the kitchen island. The island had a few different types of wine, sodas and some fruit juice in case Ruby came. The sisters sat on the sofa and chatted a little bit before a few more knocks echoed through the apartment.

"Coming!" The sisters yelled simultaneously. They raced each other to the door, laughing all the way.

"Hey Lena! Sam!" Kara said excitedly.

"Hey Kara! Alex, it's nice to see you again!" Sam said.

"I've missed girls night. It's nice to have a small getaway from the boys." Lena said. They all stepped in and Alex gestured to Y/N.

"That's Y/N," she says. Y/N looks up to the small group and waves shyly.

"So, why is Y/N over there?" Lena asks.

"She's not very social. It will take some effort to get her to open up. I've only known her for a couple weeks." Alex replies.

"Yea. She opens up to animals more than she does to people." Kara adds. She's heard stories from Alex.

"Does she have any pets?" Lena asks.

"I didn't see any animals when I was over at her place earlier today." Alex says. "But she does work closely with them."

"I'm going to go try to talk with her." Lena states confidently.

"Good luck with that." Karma chuckles as she takes a sip of her drink.

Lena goes to sit over by Y/N. "Hi, I'm Lena." She hold out her hand for reader to shake.

Y/N flinches at the sudden presence of Lena next to her. She was too busy thinking of ways to get out of the apartment on the full moon that is less than a month away.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I startle you?" Lena frowns slightly.

"N-no... you're fine.." Y/N replies quietly. "Um, I'm Y/N." She finally introduces, hesitantly taking Lenas hand.

"I heard you work closely with animals."

"Um, yeah. I do... actually." Y/N nervously says.

"Oh cool! What kind of animals do you work with?" Lena inquired.

"I uh, I work with marine mammals."

"That's so interesting! I've never met someone who does that. I've always been a little fascinated by the sea."

"Cool..." Y/N trails off, staring into space.

Lena notices her nervousness and tries to make this not super awkward. "Do you have any pets?" She asks.

"I'm considering getting an animal soon. I don't know what kind though..." Y/N shyly replies.

Lena places her arm on the top of the couch and shifts her body to face Y/N to show her she's listening. She notices the slight movement and shrinks back a little bit, feeling intimidated by the CEO.

"Oh c'mon, I'm not that bad. I may be a Luther but I'm trying to make good out of my name." Lena says, smiling a bit at Y/N's nervousness.

Y/N contemplates hugging the CEO because she knows how it feels to be looked down on wrongly by people. She looks down at her fiddling, nervous hands.