Chapter 14

I've finally gotten up and wrote this bitch.

Enjoy!

The slightly stiff surface under Y/N wakes her up. She doesn't dare move and steadies her breath, trying to remember what happened last. Right, Lena and our tests. What happened after? She tries to recall.

"Y/N, I know you're awake." Supergirl's voice cuts through her thoughts suddenly.

Y/N snaps open her eyes, surprised. Where is she? Why is she here?

"Supergirl?" she calls out, surprised as she sits up in the bed. "Where am I? Why am I here?"

"You're here because you nearly destroyed L-Corp." she states sternly, concern flickering in her eyes.

"I- I what?" the shifter replies, shocked.

"You could have killed somebody." Supergirl continues. "You almost killed Lena!"

"I- I don't understand. What happened?" she asks worriedly.

"Your and Lena's little 'experiments' that you've been doing behind our backs." Supergirl scolds.

"I-"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"What do you mean?"

Supergirl sighs heavily. "It's just like with Reign." she mutters to herself.

"Supergirl, we need you over here for a second." an agent calls from the doorway of the room.

"Right." she makes her way out of the room briskly.

Y/N can only hold herself up for so long before she puts the pieces together. When she shifted, she lost control. She hurt people. She almost killed Lena.

She takes a seat on the bed, faintly hearing argument from the other room; most likely about her and what they're going to do with her. Thoughts swarm her head as she sits there, waiting for someone else to enter.

...

In the other room, Supergirl, Lena, and Alex are discussing what has been happening behind their backs and what to do now.

"Lena, how long has this been going on?" Alex demands.

"Only a few weeks. She came to me for help, Alex, and I tried my best." Lena explains.

"Why didn't you tell us." Supergirl asks.

"She didn't want you to know. She was scared of how you'd react, especially after that one Game Night." Lena replies, crossing her arms over her chest. "Look, I know it upsets you-"

"Upsets us? No, Lena, you went behind our backs, again may I add, and performed experiments on something you don't understand." Supergirl scolds.

"Oh, like you'd understand what's going on with her." Lena scoffs.

"The DEO is much better equipped than your lab for this. We've seen this happen once, and now twice." Alex lectures frustratedly.

"If you'd just let me-" Lena protests.

"You've done enough, Luthor." Alex finishes coldly. (ouch)

"You know, why don't we just leave the room and spend some time to collect our thoughts and feelings. We can come back to this conversation later." Supergirl suggests.

"I think that's a great idea, Supergirl." Lena mutters frustratedly before making her way to the door.

The three of them leave the room and the DEO to go about handling their thoughts. Lena heads to her office, Supergirl hangs out around the lobby of the base, waiting for any call to action, and Alex heads to Noonans. The three of them begin to calm down and sort through how they feel about everything. Meanwhile, Y/N is still in her cell, trying to remember what happened, what went wrong.