Chapter 3

© Jojo B 2018

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

Flaws and Feathers

Chapter 3

We were just about to get up and head out of the cabin, when we heard the crunching of footsteps from outside.

"Joe," Gwen and I shared a wide eyed look.

We both turned to Raphael, who sat there clueless, before quickly jumping to our feet.

"Raphael, you have to hide," Gwen whispered as she went to pull him up by the arm.

If Joe were to see him, he wouldn't let it rest until we told him exactly everything about Raphael and what was going on. Seeing as neither Gwen nor I actually knew those answers, it was best not to include Joe, as he would most likely deter Raphael from ever telling us the truth. Not to mention, if Joe didn't get his way, he could tell Mum.

Raphael was still sitting down, looking between us with a slightly confused frown. He was glancing at Gwen's hold on his arm, as if his mind was on other things. I didn't see how he could be daydreaming at a time like this. I could literally hear Joe getting closer to the front door of the cabin, and he wouldn't have needed keys to get in, because the door was unlocked.

"Get up!" I grabbed Raphael's other arm, trying to yank him to his feet, when Gwen wasn't.

The male finally stood up, and he slowly pulled his arm away from me, clearly not comfortable with contact. Though when Gwen started to push him towards our bedroom, Raphael didn't object.

"Who is Joe?" he was asking as he walked into our bedroom.

"Our brother," Gwen replied. "Raphael, hide under the bed. Please. If Joe sees you, things will get too complicated."

He looked down at her with gentle grey eyes, before giving her a nod, still standing there.

"Hurry up!" I sent him a wide eyed look.

"I am getting to it," Raphael cast me a flat look in return, before he got down on the wooden floor and slid underneath the bed.

Gwen let the covers fall back down, obscuring Raphael from view. We could hear the front door being opened, and we both headed out of the room casually, like nothing had happened.

"Is it just me, or does he like you more?" I whispered to my sister Gwen shut the bedroom door behind us.

She sent me a raised brow, "I doubt it. We've only known him a day."

"Hmm," I mumbled. "You're just oblivious. I bet you fancy him, that's why."

"What are you talking about?" Gwen stuttered over her words, shocked. "I don't fancy him, like I said, we barely know him."

"Yeah, yeah," I sent her a smirk, knowing I'd get that flustered reaction from her.

"Hey, boy," I greeted my brother like always. "What do you want?"

"What do you mean?" my brother frowned at me. "Mum's back."

"Already?" I gaped at him.

"It's been quite a while," he muttered as he was naturally drawn to the fridge like a magnet. "I said I would come and get you guys. I think we should stay here for a bit, that way we'll have less to do."