Chapter 6

© Jojo B 2018

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

Flaws and Feathers

Chapter 6

Early in the morning, I found myself dressed and ready for college in good time, which was not normal. Gwen usually had to wake me up, and I would get ready in about twenty minutes before leaving.

Of course, the first thing on my mind was the little episode last night. I wasn't sure if I was ill, or if something else had been affecting me, but it was starting to make me feel uneasy about going to sleep at night. Part of me felt that I should ask the boys, Raphael and Cassiel, about it. But I didn't really know why they would have any answers. I just figured that since they arrived, I had been noticing strange things. I had a bit of time to go and see how they were doing, before I had to go to college.

I still hadn't found my keys that I dropped in the woods that first day Gwen and I had found Raphael, so I walked right into the cabin, which was unlocked anyway. Seeing Raphael and Cassiel sitting at the dining room table, both their heads bowed down as they viewed something, had me pause in interest. They were talking in low voices, although that was just how they spoke in general, I supposed. The contrast between Raphael's raven hair and Cassiel's golden locks, had me looking between them for a couple seconds. They were so unusually attractive. Though personality wise, Raphael, was certainly not my type.

"What's that?" I asked as I walked further into the cabin.

As soon as they heard me, Raphael and Cassiel both hid whatever they had been looking at. There was more than one item, as each of them put something into their pockets.

"It is nothing," Raphael lied, not even attempting to come up with an excuse.

I looked at them both blankly, knowing that to press them would lead to nothing, so I didn't even bother. I noticed how Cassiel had changed out of the worn, scruffy clothes he had been wearing before, and was now dressed in some of Joe's jeans and a hoodie. They were lucky my brother had so many of them stashed away here. Raphael's dark stubble had gotten thicker, though on closer inspection, Cassiel was still clean shaven. Whatever he had used to shave, was beyond me.

Placing my hands on the back of one of the chairs, I wanted to ask them about the weird feeling I had had the night before, but I had no idea how to explain it. I would probably end up sounding like a complete weirdo. Deciding against it, I looked up to gaze over at each of them.

"Hear anything on the news about your friends?" I asked casually, not thinking it was likely they would. "You know, your best shot is the newspaper. They often have random stories in there that no one reads."

They both looked at me blankly, and I slowly grinned.

"What?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Your friends aren't exactly celebrities, are they? It's unlikely they'll make the 6 'o' clock news."

"Don't they show the news in the mornings too?" Raphael questioned.

I shrugged a shoulder loosely, "They do, I guess."

Walking over to the living room, I grabbed the remote from the coffee table and plunked myself down on the sofa. It may have been more than a little chilly, but I was wearing a pinafore dress with a long sleeved top and thermal tights on underneath. The TV was already on the right channel, so I increased the volume a little as the news was broadcasted.