Chapter 4

© Jojo B 2018

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

Flaws and Feathers

Chapter 4

"Okay so, let's start with...how many friends do you have? What are their names? And what do they look like?"

The three of us were back in the cabin again. Gwen, Raphael and I had sat ourselves on the sofas in the living room this time. Raphael looked at Gwen blankly, as if he wasn't sure where to start. He had put the mysterious looking feather in the room that he was sleeping in. Well, the room Gwen and I shared.

I had so many questions regarding the circumstances in which Raphael 'fell from the sky', and the origin of the feather. It was clear though, that it would take time explaining, and Raphael was in a hurry to find his friends. We had made a deal with him, so Gwen and I had to help him find them before we could really delve into the deep questions.

"Raphael?" Gwen called his name softly in concern.

He blinked his grey eyes and focused on her again, "Three. I have three friends."

"And their names?" I asked him.

"Cassiel, Micah and Nathaniel," Raphael told us.

I raised my brows at the peculiar sounding names. Raphael was already a name I considered quite rare in the UK, but Cass...Cassiel? And Micah? Nathaniel sounded like a posh name, and for some reason, I couldn't imagine Raphael with a posh friend. I imagined his friends were similar to him, unusual and intriguing.

"Do any of them have any distinguishing features?" Gwen asked a good question.

Raphael shook his head, not even pausing to think about it.

"We should turn the news on, in case something can lead us to them," he suggested as he glanced at the TV.

A deep crease formed between my dark brows, "Why would your friends be on the news? You're not suggesting they've committed any crimes, are you?"

Raphael shrugged a shoulder, "No, but stressful situations can lead to bad decisions."

Gwen and I shared a look. It seemed like we really had our work cut out for us. I couldn't begin to think of what Raphael meant, it could have been anything.

"The news doesn't come on until evening. What kind of trouble are they in?" Gwen looked at Raphael with a soft expression.

He shoved a hand into his thick black hair in what looked like distress, "It is hard to explain. We just...we need to go out and find them."

"So are they around this area, you think?" I arched a brow at him. "Because we can only travel so far."

"They should be nearby," Raphael nodded. "In the same town."