Chapter 5

© Jojo B 2018

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

Flaws and Feathers

Chapter 5

Cassiel and I walked side by side down the streets. Things seemed to be picking up, now that it was getting later within the day. More people were milling about, doing their weekly shops, and so forth. Cassiel didn't say a word to me for the first five minutes or so, and eventually I broke the silence.

"No sign of Nathaniel or Michael?" I looked up at him questionably.

"It is Micah," he corrected me with a brief glance in my direction. "And no, I have not seen them."

"Oh, right," I bit my lip apologetically. "Micah. Any chance that they might be together? I mean, how did you guys get spilt up in the first place?"

Cassiel's brows furrowed, not liking the sound of my question.

"I do not remember," he replied, sounding oh-so-familiar to Raphael.

I was starting to think the whole amnesia thing was an excuse, rather than the truth. Nevertheless, I didn't push him, because I knew better than anyone that being pressed for an answer was beyond frustrating.

"Let's go this way," I murmured to him as I took a left at the end of the street, heading for the town square.

"I have looked here before," Cassiel stopped in his tracks, shaking his head. "It is useless. They are not there."

"When did you look there?" I arched a brow. "And I doubt you covered the whole town centre. Besides, people move around. They might not have been there when you looked, but they could be there now."

Cassiel was sighing loudly, running a hand through his dark blond hair as if he'd had a enough of listening to me. Which was probably the case.

"Listen, Cassiel," I walked back over to him. "I know this place. I grew up here. You're clearly new to the scene, so just...follow me."

"Fine," he snapped. "I will follow you."

I narrowed my eyes at him a little, sensing sarcasm.

"Do I have to remind you, that I'm actually helping you here?" I said in a clipped tone.

"No Vienna, you do not," Cassiel went ahead and walked right past me, rather than 'following' me.

I had to take a moment to get over the feeling that I got, from him saying my name in his low, smooth voice. It kind of mad my stomach tighten up, as if I was nervous, but I knew I wasn't. I think I liked it.

"So how long has it been since you got here?" I asked him casually, after catching up with his longer strides.

"Why so many questions?" Cassiel's blue eyes met mine.

"I'm making friends!" I insisted, trying not to crack a smile.

He scoffed, rolling his eyes, "I do not think so."