A Small Council Meeting

It turned out I was right, the Rebellion was just around the corner. Just two months after my planning began the raven from Casterly Rock came: The Lannister fleet was destroyed, now just rotten caves at the bottom of the ocean, homes for fish and algae. War had been declared, ravens sent out, bannermen called, the Seven Kingdoms were at war.

The most annoying thing about being reborn is that you aren't the same age as you once were. I'm no longer the 21 year old, fully fledged member of society, able to do whatever I pleased (as long as it's legal.) No I'm now a four year old, restricted by rules, Prince of the Realm or not.

This threw a spanner in the works. How on Earth was I supposed to convince 'father' to destroy the Greyjoys when he was off on the Iron lslands and I'm stuck in Kings Landing? It's not like I could go with him. Not only was I too young to squire but even if I was old enough 'mother' wouldn't let me. All the major lords would be off fighting in the war, so I couldn't use them and 'mother' was about as appealing to 'father' as a month of celibacy so she would be unable to convince him. Suddenly though a thought came to me; there will be one more Small Council meeting before 'father,' 'uncle' and the other influential noblemen of the court leave for battle. This is probably my last chance. I just hope 'father' turns up...

Time Skip

I was the last person to walk into the council chambers. I was dressed in regal attire, as I always did when I sat in on the council meetings. I looked around and breathed a sigh of relief as I saw 'father' sitting in the chair reserved for the king. Everyone (except 'father') stood up in respect as I entered and sat down once again after I sat down on the chair that has been there -opposite to the King's chair- since I requested to observe the meetings last year. Never before had I actually spoken at the meetings, unless asked my opinion, usually by Pycelle (probably so he could report on how capable I am to Lord Tywin.) "I still can't believe you come to these pointless meetings" bellowed 'father'. I could smell the wine from across the table. "I like to know what is going on, Father." I replied in a clipped tone. I always get annoyed when I think about how Robert basically ignored the realm after he became king. 'Counting coppers' he called these meetings, how absurd! Because of his actions the realm descended into a tinderbox waiting to explode. The Seven Kingdoms was ruled by a bunch of inept lords.

Pycelle was a puppet for 'grandfather' and did whatever was in the Lannister's interests.

Stannis was too caught up in his jealousy about not being named Lord of Storm's End.

Renly couldn't care less and didn't even control the City Watch.

Petyr wanted to fill his own pockets and so was siphoning crown funds, hence six million gold dragons of debt. He also wanted to de-stabilise the Realm.

And Varys wanted the Targaryens back on the throne.

Note to self, when I inherit the throne, sort out this motherfucking small council.

"Your Grace, we need to come up with a plan for how to deal with the Rebellion." Began Ser Barristan.

"Stannis, you shall begin to prepare the Royal Fleet, and sail ahead of us to Lannisport, clear out any of those bastard Iron Born you see on the way."

"Yes, Your Grace." I could see him grinding his teeth from here, how he still has any I shall never know. I liked Stannis. Even in the show I admired him for staying true in his beliefs in justice and honour, at least until Melisandre got her paws on him.

"Your Grace, you must remember that the Royal Fleet is no longer as strong as the Iron Fleet, the Iron Born have been vastly increasing their naval strength." Simpered Varys, the traitor.

"Pycelle send a raven to the Redwynes, tell them to ready their navy and sail to Lannisport, also tell Lord Tywin to be prepared for their arrivals."

"Of course, I shall start immediately." Robert grunted in response. Obviously he didn't care for Pycelle either. "There shall be no more talk of strategy until I convene a War Council at Casterly Rock."

'Father' spoke sternly. Now obviously was my time to speak, I breathed in deeply. I could do this, it wasn't like a four year old was about to tell the people who run the Kingdom how to fight a war or anything.

"Father, My Lords, if I may" I stood up, outwardly showing more confidence than I felt. Everyone fell silent. Was it really that unbelievable a concept that I wanted to talk on such an important issue?

"I feel that -" I paused unable to convey what I wanted to say. "I feel that the Greyjoy's shouldn't be able to get away with this." Some people looked confused,

"Ever since they were conquered by Ageon the Conqueor they have failed to cooperate with the other Kingdoms. They have rebelled before and they will doubtlessly rebel again. Clearly they saw us as weak, we must prove to any other potential enemies that we are not. They questioned the ability of my father, your King, they questioned your ability to lead. We must prove that we are not weak. We must show them Our Fury, and they must Hear Our Roar!"

I could immediately tell that my 'father' was impressed, as was Pycelle. Everyone else seemed sceptical. Jon Arryn seemed like steam was about to blow out of his ears.

"My Prince, surely you can't be saying what I think you're saying!"

"I'm afraid so Lord Arryn, the Greyjoy's must pay the 'Iron Price' they're constantly preaching about. For I fear that, for as long as they're is a Greyjoy, there will be a Greyjoy Rebellion."

"But, My Prince, that is preposterous - outrageous!"

"What you are proposing is dishonourable and-"

"My Lord Arryn would you be saying this if it was your family's holdings being raided, your people being raped and slaughtered. This is the life that the small folk of the Reach and increasingly the North are facing."

"My Prince, please I implore you to-"

"Jon shut the fuck up!" A loud roar echoed around the chamber. "It's decided! Joffrey's right! This has gone on for far too long. The disrespectful cunts have gone too far now. They have been warned time and time again, yet they continue to ignore us. They call us Greenlanders well let's show them what being a Greenlander means! Ours is the Fury!"

At the end of the speech, even Stannis seemed fired up. "Tomorrow me, Stannis, Renly, Jon and Ser Barristan will leave. By the time we return, House Greyjoy will exist no more! In my place Lord Baelish will rule."

"This meeting is dismissed!"