A Bastard No More

Bran fell with a quiet wail and hit the ground back first. I knew he would only be unconscious at this point; that would change. There must be no way for Jon Snow to find out about his heritage...

Therefore I walked calmly down the steps of the tower, "Uncle'' Jaime following behind -by this time he had redressed.-

"Joffrey, we need to talk."

"There is nothing to talk about father, it is what it is, nothing will change. Just make sure no one finds out."

He said nothing to that.

By this point we had reached the bottom of the stairs, no one had yet entered the courtyard so Bran was undiscovered, for now. I picked up Bran's body and once again climbed the stairs. I re-entered the room, Cersei (now dressed again) looked at me with a bemused expression on her face. As explanation I said "He is still breathing." Then I walked over to the window. Propped Bran's limp body on the ledge, and pushed him. Again. He landed head first this time, I winced at the sound of his neck breaking, Brandon Stark was dead.

Mother came over to me and wrapped her arms around me. "Thank you" she whispered before leaving with Jaime. I watched them through the window as they snuck out of the tower and re-entered the castle. I sighed as I thought about what I had done, I despised myself for it but it had to be done. For a better future...

I pretended to find the body around 2 minutes later, as if I were on my way to the stables. I rushed inside and ran to the Maester, screaming at him that Bran was on the floor not moving, I also pretended to mourn for the boy I had just met and killed. I lied to Lord and Lady Stark, telling them how sorry I was. I acted solemn when breaking my fast with the Starks and yet had civil; sometimes cheery conversation when breaking my fast with my family.

Time Skip

It was no surprise to me when I was called into the Lord's Solar a few days later.

I knocked on the door before I entered. There sitting in the chair, usually reserved for the Lord. Was my 'father' Robert Baratheon. He looked at me with a smile on his face. I nodded to him and then Lord Stark (who was standing next to the window) in greeting.

"Joffrey, me and Ned have decided to finally bind our families together. You will marry his eldest daughter Sansa."

Of course. I couldn't really refuse. I knew how much 'father' has wanted this, ever since his marriage to Lyanna Stark was ruined. But it was just really annoying, Sansa was so gullible and easy to manipulate until Joffrey literally beat her into being a strong, independent woman. She was so unsuited to the vile, intrigue pit of Kings Landing. I said as much to 'father.' "Are you sure father? From what I've seen, Lady Stark is very innocent and not suited to the kind of place that Kings Landing is like. No offence Lord Stark." I added at the end. The last thing I wanted to do is insult my strongest ally! The fact that I murdered his son is irrelevant...

"Bah! She'll be fine, it's about time our families were linked by marriage!" Well, it was worth a try.

"Of course, father. As you say." His eyes lit up in jubilation. "There we go Ned, I told you he'd be happy to marry Sansa now we can finally join our families together!" He was beaming in happiness, it was a sight to see.

Ned managed a forced smile, that convinced nobody before he stood up, bowed slightly with a mutter of "Your Grace, My Prince." Before he walked out of the solar.

Meanwhile my 'father' watched him sorrowfully before I stood up, nodded to him and walked out too.

Time Skip

I was trying to befriend the Stark siblings after all, how could the 'kind' 'friendly' Prince Joffrey be the one to kill Bran. This is only a precautionary measure, I am hoping that no one considers that Bran was murdered but who knows what could happen. After all the Game has been changed, and as mother says: "When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die." And I am very much going to win...