Camping With Lions

We had been travelling hard for just over a moon and we had finally caught sight of the Crag. It was an old ruin. The former stronghold was in more of a state then the broken tower at Winterfell. It was a shame to see a former prosperous family fall into such a state. Tywin once told me during one of his impromptu lessons while I was Casterly Rock that it had something todo with an ill-advised marriage. Either way, I knew they were very loyal to the Lannisters and participants of the Red Wedding plot. As we approached the courtyard I saw that it was packed full of people, I groaned internally as I realised that I wouldn't be able to retire immediately as I had planned, instead I would have to shake hands and greet all these people. Well, I didn't have to but it would be rude if I didn't.

I rode into the courtyard with the members of the Kingsguard behind me, I had sent the men who had traveled with me to set up camp alongside the other soldiers. The horses trotted in slowly and as we pulled up everyone who had gathered bowed or curtsied. I swung off my horse and headed to the family that was in the central position; I assumed these were the Westerlings.
"Lord Westerling!" I greeted with faux warmth, I was quite frankly too tired to care, "thank you for allowing the armies to stay in your lands, I owe you a debt."
"Your Grace, it is an honour to have you here in the Crag." He said, seemingly sincerely.
I moved on to the rest of his family and after saying a few words, I started greeting all the other lords and ladies who had turned out to meet me. After I had finished I asked to be escorted to my chambers, I was escorted by the Lady of the Crag, who remained silent for the entire journey. A minute or so later we arrived, I thanked her and let myself in.
The room was a decent enough size, it wasn't the most extravagant, but it needn't be, I would be sleeping in a tent soon enough anyway.
After getting myself aquatinted with my new rooms I lay down on the bed and tried to get to sleep.
Sleep did not come, instead my mind kept wondering to those I had left behind: Tyrion, and the stories he told which probably shouldn't be told to a growing child, about his adventures travelling the Kingdoms and inevitably the whores he ha met along the way. Helping me when I didn't understand something Pycelle had told me.
Mother, and her incessant worrying that I now found myself missing, her sewing clothes that I myself now wore, I prayed to the Seven that I didn't even believe in that she wouldn't try to do something crazy whilst I was away.
Tommen, the times I had ignored things I was working on to play hide or seek with him in the Red Keep, or when I had myself done his work that Pycelle had set for him, or when he had begged me to teach him the ways of the sword but mother had over heard and forbidden me to help him.
Myrcella, who I had spent the night with occasionally conversing about things important and things not, she who kept trying to get me to sew of all things, sweet innocent Myrcella. How different things are now that I don't kill cats for enjoyment.
I sighed as I rolled out of bed, it was pointless to try, instead I walked out of my rooms and asked a nearby servant where my grandfather was; I knew that he had arrived much earlier than I had, he only had to travel within the Westerlands after all.
She escorted me to outside his rooms, there were two Lannister soldiers guarding his room, one on either side of his door. They both bowed deeply as I approached.
"Your Grace." The one on the left started, "please wait here as I warn Lord Tywin of your arrival."
"Of course." I nodded and he headed of to do just that. I turned to the maid who had brought me here and thanked her. Just then the nameless Lannister soldier reappeared through the doorway and beckoned me in.
"Your Grace, Lord Tywin will see you now." He said. I chuckled as I thought of the implications. Lord Tywin will see me now will he?
I was still chuckling as I strode into the room. Nevertheless, grandfather didn't even look up as I entered, he was writing on a piece of parchment and as I sat down opposite his desk he continued. All that could be heard for a few moments was the scratching of the quill on the parchment. Knowing Tywin he was probably annoyed that he hadn't been provided an office as well as his chambers, that as I looked around, looked slightly better than mine.
Unfortunately for Tywin and his amusement at keeping me waiting, I was tired and my patience ran out.
"Considering that it is your lands that have been invaded, and you requested my help, I'd have thought that you would be more welcoming." I spoke, it had been noticed that he wasn't in the courtyard as the Royal Procession arrived.
He paused. "I won't even grace that stupidity with a response." He said dourly and then carried on writing.
"I remind you grandfather that all it takes is one letter from me and the 30,000 strong Northern army will march back to Winterfell, and the army I have brought with me will go back from whence they came. Show me some respect, you may be my grandfather and you may be the Lord Paramount of the richest region in the Seven Kingdoms but I am not only your grandson; I am your King. When you remember that, you can come and find me."
With that I stood up and marched out of his chambers and out towards the courtyard; I was too tired to deal with the political dancing and his 'lessons.' With this is mind I walked outside the keeps walls and towards the tents where the assembled Lannister and Crownlands armies were setting up camp.
As I entered the boundaries people started noticing me and standing to attention I nodded to them as I continued to walk towards the centre of the assembled tents, while I was here I may as well lay down the law. I noticed a small group of soldiers wearing the colours of a Westerlands house a house that I recognised as a Crownlands house. I approached them; I could smell the ale from metres away. "Excuse me!" I called out. They turned their heads, and while most of them recognised me one (a Westerlander) looked at me in anger.
"What the fuck do you want!?" He asked, clearly pissed off.
"Could you please point me to where your commander is?" I asked.
"Find him yourself!" He slurred.
One of his drinking buddies, who was obviously less inebriated looked on in horror as he realised who he was. He tapped the guys shoulder and said furiously, "Brant, hold your tongue, he's -"
"I don't give a flying fuck who he is!" His arms were moving vigorously now, his ale was sloshing over the top of his metal jug. "I should be at home, helping my family with harvest! But no I'm down here because some rich bastards need some people to die for them!" He was yelling directly at me now, his jug forgotten on the grass, and his calloused hands had a hold of my shirt.
At that moment, there was silence, that was until the clunking of armour could be heard and I heard Jamie's voice, "get your hands off of the King!"
The man jumped back in horror and immediately went to his knees. "Your Grace, my apologies, I did not know!" He continued his furious apologies his head virtually in the grass all I could really make out was "please," and "sire I beg of you."
I bent over and hauled him up to your feet. He stumbled and recoiled. "Listen to your mate next time." I smiled and then turned to the gathered men.
"Seeing as you are all here I shall tell you this now, make sure you tell anyone who isn't here. A trench shall be dug. It will be dug around a mile to the west of the edge of the camp. If you need to piss, you miss in that. If you need to shit, you will shit in that. I will not accept you pissing or shitting anywhere that isn't in that trench, I will not allow my army to be infected with disease because someone was to lazy to go and shit in the trench! If anyone is caught doing so I will personally cut off your cock! Now, with that in mind, enjoy yourselves. The hard work will soon begin!"

A/N

Sorry for the long delay, and for the fact that not much happened this chapter. I promise it will really pick up next chapter!

Thanks for reading and make sure to leave a review!