Chapter 1

Notes:

Now I know that series 3 is nobody's favorite but I always wished that there had been more scenes of Guy living and working together with the outlaws.
These were my thoughts as I started this story and well, before I knew it, this is what it became - another long one.

Just as I had wished that series 2 could've ended differently (something I explored with my previous work - The Forgotten Keepsake) here I decided to do something with the series 3 finale.

The story begins just after series 3 episode 11, The Enemy of My Enemy and continues on through the two episodes that make up the end of the series, Something Worth Fighting For: Parts 1 and 2.

Disclaimer: all BBC Robin Hood characters and the show are the property of the BBC and Tiger Aspect Productions

Hey, I just want to say a big thank you to everybody who takes the time to read my story. There's a lot of great shows to watch and a lot of great fanfictions to read - I'm grateful to all who give my work a chance.

I

Endgame

The explosion was so loud that it could be heard all over the county.

Tremors were felt as far as the outer lying villages, leading many to think that the end was near.
Some thought that a malevolent creature such as a dragon would come and devastate their homes with hellfire.
There were scenes of chaos everywhere as people hurriedly gathered together their family members and packed up their belongings, in readiness to flee from whatever demon would descend upon them.

Closer to Nottingham many had already long since left their homes; word had gotten round that Prince John's men were descending on the town, indeed with their vast ranks and the frightening contraptions that they had brought with them they were not to be overlooked.

It had been obvious that they were not there for a friendly visit.

From the looks of things, they hadn't received a friendly welcome either.

High on a nearby hill, two figures stood and looked upon the flaming ruins of what had been Nottingham.

"I hope they all managed to get out of there before the place went up..." One said quietly.

"Yeah, I hope so too." The other replied.