Chapter 6

Bright, cheerful and joyful are what come to mind when thinking of a yellow rose

Bright, cheerful and joyful are what come to mind when thinking of a yellow rose. Yellow roses create warm feelings and provide happiness. Giving yellow roses are a way of telling someone how much you value the friendship you share.

Everyone was waiting for Tom to announce who he was giving the rose to today. Harrison was looking back and forth between his best friends. Whereas Tom seemed very calm about the whole situation, (Y/N) seemed more confused than everything else. She knew there was not supposed to be a rose let alone a decision to kick someone out, so something had obviously happened. The other girls were stressing more and more with every second that passed.

"So, yeah, the girl who gets the rose today will also be spending the day with me tomorrow and I've decided to give the rose to a girl that managed to impress me a lot over the past few days and I can't wait to get to know more about her." Tom tried to hide his smile. Harrison on the other hand couldn't help but smirk at (Y/N) who was now catching on to what was happening. This fucking idiot.

"Uhm, yes and the rose is for you (Y/N). I'd love to have you spend the day with me if you want to." He grinned at his best friend who was still deciding on whether or not to accept the rose. She could already hear the other girls whispering and talking shit again. This fucking idiot. (Y/N) was fuming inside, she asks him to lay low and stop being so over the top with her and his stupid ass gives her a rose and a date.

"Yeah, of course. Thank you, Tom." She smiled when the boy handed her her rose. (Y/N) decided it was better to catch him alone than to get angry at him in front of the others.

"Alright, then onto the next part of kicking two people out. I'm going to make this quick, Sophia, Amy, you're leaving tonight. There's already a car outside waiting for you. I suggest you go pack your bags now. Thanks for being here bla bla bla - honestly, I couldn't care less, you two know why you're going home. Goodnight." Tom rolled his eyes before leaving the room with Harrison following him. Most of the girls just sat there not knowing what just happened, they had no idea why Tom did that and why he was so cold about it.

"Dude, what was that?" Harrison asked as he followed Tom out of the house.

"Told you I'd kick them out." Tom shrugged. He really didn't give a single fuck about those girls and he couldn't go home knowing that his best friend was stuck with people who were talking about her like that.

"You do realize what's going to happen now, right? You really think giving (Y/N) the rose helped her with the situation she's in right now? You may have kicked two of those girls out, but there's still girls left."

"Your point being, Haz?" Tom could see the flaws in his actions, but the desperate desire to protect his best friend had overshadowed all of that.

"They're all jealous of (Y/N). You know why? Because you two are fucking stupid and so goddamn obvious but at the same time oblivious about your feelings for each other it's pissing me off." The blonde boy was seriously starting to think that everyone except for the two of them knew that there was something between them, hell, even people who thought they don't know each other could see that there were feelings involved.