Chapter 9

Bright, cheerful and joyful are what come to mind when thinking of a yellow rose

Bright, cheerful and joyful are what come to mind when thinking of a yellow rose. Yellow roses create warm feelings and provide happiness. Giving yellow roses are a way of telling someone how much you value the friendship you share.

"Tom." The girl whispered when she saw him standing a few steps away from her. He looked like a mess and she wanted nothing more than to run into his arms and have him tell her that everything was going to be fine.

"Can we talk? Please?" Tom plead, he usually wasn't one to be lost for words but standing in front of the girl he loved with all of his heart made his mind go blank. He had so many things he needed to tell her if she just let him.

"I don't think it's a good idea." (Y/N) voice broke in the middle of her sentence, tears close to shooting into her eyes.

"Please? Give me 5 Minutes, fuck, give me one minute before you send me to hell, but please let me talk." Tom said stepping closer to the girl who couldn't even look at him. She stood there looking at Tessa who had sat down next to her feet. Taking a deep breath, she nodded.

"Let's talk."

The two of them walked over to a bench and sat down. Tom threw Tessa's ball and they watched the dog run after the ball before he turned to (Y/N).

"I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry. I - I don't know why I did what I did."

"Because that's what you do Tom." A tear rolled down the girls face. Tom tried to wipe it away but immediately let his hand fall back down when he saw the girl flinch at his touch. The touch that just a few days ago she was so used to.

"I was scared."

"So was I Tom, but you didn't see me go around hooking up with someone. What do you think would've happened if you came home to me sucking off Harrison's or some random stranger's face?"

The pain he felt clearly showing in his face when pictures of her with Harrison flooded his mind. He knew how she felt because he would have felt the same. He would've ripped Harrison's or any guy's head off if he saw her kiss somebody else than him. Seeing more tears fall down her cheek, he wanted nothing more than to pull her into his arms and tell her that she meant the world to him - tell her that he loved her.

"I can't turn back time, but believe me, I spent the whole day and the whole night wishing I could. I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you, I was scared. I was so fucking scared about - about what I was feeling for you and how much you fucking mean to me." Tom finally finished his sentence. (Y/N)'s head shooting up to look at the boy next to her. The tears in his eyes mirroring the girl's broken look.

"You would have slept with her. Don't you dare try talking to me about any fucking feelings." It was hard for (Y/N) to stay that cold. It killed her to not tell him how she was feeling, but she had built a wall around her, she wasn't going to let herself get hurt again, the wounds were still too fresh.