Chapter 8

Bright, cheerful and joyful are what come to mind when thinking of a yellow rose

Bright, cheerful and joyful are what come to mind when thinking of a yellow rose. Yellow roses create warm feelings and provide happiness. Giving yellow roses are a way of telling someone how much you value the friendship you share.

He didn't know what the aching in his chest was, or why it seemed to kill him that she refused to open her door. He rested his head on her door for a moment, his eyes tight shut, a burning feeling behind his eyes.

He was sad and angry, at himself, at her for not hearing him out, at Laura for telling him he could use her for whatever it was he needed to distract himself. He slammed his first against the door once, an angry and broken sound escaping his lips before he stormed away.

Tom grabbed his wallet and phone to go out and get drunk. He had never experienced such thing as heartbreak, hell he didn't even know if he was heartbroken. But he sure as hell had no idea how to deal with what he was feeling right now. All the boy knew was that he needed to feel the burning sensation of liquor in his throat. Tom headed into the direction of the local pub, a place he could almost call his second home by now. He usually came here to meet new people and flirt with girls but today he wasn't there to hook up, he was there to forget what just happened. Tom was terrified - had he just lost his best friend?

He sat in an empty booth by himself, ordering beer after beer and shot after shot. Not feeling the need to even just look at girls, he told every single girl who approached him to leave him alone. Normally, he would have loved to distract himself, to take one of them home and forget whatever it was that was making him upset. But he had already done that, distracted himself with a girl and he'd lost the only one that mattered. After a while, the boy pulled out his phone, texting the boy he trusted almost as much as (Y/N): I fcksud up, im an afdhole.

Harrison had gone over to Harry's and had left for the bathroom when he heard the girls a few rooms down the hall talking and screaming. He realized that it was Laura telling them about what had happened on their date. The boy was curious about why they seemed so happy while hearing the story. He knew Tom had given a rose, knew that he had asked a girl to spend the evening with him. It struck him as odd, but he also knew Tom must have had his reasons.

Harrison would've bet his right hand that this whole Bachelor thing was over for Tom after what had happened the day before - right?

Not wanting to be nosy but also wanting to know what was going on, he made his way towards the girls room, being careful to not make a sound. From outside he could hear Laura, her voice filled with happiness.

"And then he kissed me!" was the first thing Harrison could hear and he honestly thought he couldn't trust his ears anymore. Tom wouldn't be that stupid - he wouldn't be that stupid, would he?

"We kissed like the whole way here. He was fully into me and I told him I was his and that I was going to give him everything he needed tonight and we were so close to continuing this in the living room. If this stupid fucking Bitch wouldn't have sat there interrupting us, he would've fucked me on that damn couch."