Chapter 7

Christa

        It's such a beautiful day; not too sunny, not too cloudy, and a light sprinkle. The definition of perfect weather.

        I sprawled out like a sea star on the bright blue blanket that was laid across the lush grass. I gripped a small area of the fabric; oddly enough, it wasn't soaked beyond belief. I took a breath in and enjoyed the smell of the rain. I looked to my left where a picnic basket with a camera set on top of it sat. I turned my head to the right, looking at the tall trees that were just a little ways away. The bright green and yellow leaves offered a great contrast to the gray sky.

        I sat up, readjusting my favorite My Chemical Romance shirt on the way, took off my converse, and threw them to the other side of the blanket. I leaned back down and stared at the massive cloud above me.

        Something about here feels familiar... it makes me happy.

        I closed my eyes, allowing the tiny rain drops to dance across my face. It was so peaceful. That is until I heard the sound of oncoming footsteps against the crisp grass. I rolled over so I was lying on my stomach and peeked through the tall grass. I noticed the shoes first; black converse, same as mine. I moved my eyes up a little more as the stranger came closer. The stranger wore gray jeans, again like mine, but guys jeans. I propped up on my elbows and looked at his shirt. I read it to myself, “Suck My Richard”, confused at what it meant, but giggling slightly at the sound of it. The man's bronze arms were covered in tattoos from all different things and the curiosity of what they were caused me to sit up. I kept staring, squinting to try and make out what one was, until he stopped. I froze, not knowing if I should run or stay. After battling with myself, I chose to look up and see who this person was. Immediately I recognized his flippy black hair and bushy eyebrows.

        “Pete?”

        He smiled and slowly nodded his head. I stared in shock, I'd been alone for a while now, just resting under the sun, and knowing I had the one person I've ever truly loved with me. My face fell into my hands and the tears ran in a steady flow from my eyes. I heard him run over and felt his arm around me a moment later, pulling me into his warm side.

        “Don't cry sweetie,” He gently pulled my hands from my face and turns it so we looked each other in the eyes. His chocolate pudding colored eyes reflected the blue sky in them and created something nothing less than magnificent. He leaned in, placing his lips against mine with so much love and meaning to it. I pushed more into the kiss and wrapped my arms around him, taking in this moment and locking it away in my heart. I pulled away and looked back into his eyes, seeing a tear escape one of them, and squeezed him into a tight hug. He wrapped his arms around me and leaned back so I was lying on him as he looked up at the sky. I felt a damp spot on his shirt forming under my eyes like a puddle growing in the rain. He leaned down and planted a kiss on my forehead, and spoke in a soft and caring voice.

        “I'm here for you now.”