Outbreak - Chapter Two: An Odd Day.

My day at work is incredibly busy but also very unusual... Another one of my co-workers called in sick and another one was on the news, apparently he was high on drugs and started lashing out at people and the police had to shoot him. Jimmy was a good man... One of the few people that worked here that were actually decent to work with.

He is gone now... It's just difficult to accept because i only just saw him yesterday and he's been here for months... To just die like that... The weird part is I didn't even know he did drugs I mean... He didn't even look like a junkie he was always well dressed and clean and had flawless skin... I never really knew him that well so anything is possible I supposed...

Hours go by and it's almost time to clock out, thank god! I am not used to working this late! But given how today has gone something tells me I'm going to working late over the next few days, or the next few weeks... Oh what fun that will be! Heh... End me... No... I can't give up yet... I'll just power through the next few days and maybe I'll get a nice peaceful weekend to relax and catch up on my reading or even a nice spa day and maybe I'll meet a cute guy? Oh who am I kidding... That probably won't happen...

I let out a sigh of frustration and clock out to go home, I walk down stairs to find my car in the lot, As I'm driving the streets seem quieter than usual, soon I arrive in my suburb only to be greeted with a crazy homeless man who had blood dripping off of him and he lunged himself at my car... I swerved around him and gunned it down the street towards my home. Should I call the police? Then again people in this neighborhood are on drugs all the time maybe he was crazy and looking for a fix... Not really worth reporting I suppose...

I soon pull up in my driveway and head inside to have a nice warm shower and head to bed, I turn on the TV to watch the evening DIY programs only for it to be interrupted by our local news network with an emergency story about a new virus that's going around and according to the report it currently has no vaccine or known cure.

Reporter: "This just in! Reports of a new viral outbreak causes panic across several states in the US and has the World Health Orginization and top viral researchers baffled and concerned as this virus has extreme regenitive abilities and could very well cause infectious tumors and lesions..." I turn the TV off.

Pretty scary stuff... Now I'm going to have nightmares... I soon curl up under my covers and fall asleep God knows what awaits me in the morning when I go to work...