Outbreak - Chapter Three: Rude Awakening.

Hours into the night I am awoken by what I think is someone trespassing in my yard possibly sifting through the trash cans, I sit up find my clothes and oddly I could hear police sirens in the distance and even a helicopter flying overhead. "Odd.." i thought but brushed it off as a high speed chase on the freeway or something.

Things feel very odd tonight... I get up to turn on the light and to my surprise the power was out, "okay that's... Unsettling." I thought to myself, but I would have to wake up in an hour to get ready for work anyway so I figured I'd just stay up because it would give me more time to get ready for the day and it's not very often I do that.

I Grab my phone and I discover there is no cell reception, "what's... Going on..?" I say quietly to myself, then suddenly I jump in fear as I hear gun fire coming from the far end of the neighborhood! I jumped in fear when I heard them, with my phone flash light turned on i go to my closet to get dressed.

Feeling completely freaked out I do my best to get dressed in the dark and I sit out in the living room with a lit candle to save my phone battery, I can't turn on the TV because of the power outage and it's too quiet... or so I thought until I heard noises coming from outside my house again.

I Grab a knife from the kitchen and walk outside and to my surprise the streets are empty but completely trashed.

Wrecked cars everywhere and I think there's someone inside one of the crashed cars. "Hello...?" I say to the person, he just sits there with his head leaning on the steering wheel.

"Is everything alright...?" i say to him, no response, so I walk over slowly and I see blood dripping from his face, "maybe he broke his nose during the crash." I thought to myself as I approach him.

"Are you okay...? Sir...?" I ask him with no response, I think he's still breathing and with no one around and with no phone service I take it upon myself to help him out of the car but when I approached the car door he groaned.

In surprise I say, "Oh sir! Thank goodness you're okay! Do you have any idea what's going on?" he then turns towards me fast and growls at me, he grabs a hold of my arm, scratching it with his fingers as he holds me, he's trying to bite me!, I scream in terror and shout "LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" he wouldn't let go no matter how much I pulled away so I took out my knife and stabbed his arm and he let go and I fell back onto the road and got up and ran back to the safety of my house.

Crying and scared I try calling the police but to no avail as all service was gone. I lock my door and go to the bathroom to wash off the blood of the man I just stabbed. "The fuck is going on..!" I say furiously and quietly to myself as I'm scrubbing and trying to patch up my arm.

I need to get out of here and find help...