Chapter 24 - Au Jus Kill Me!

BENNY

"Nggggh"  I mumble as my nose twitches.

"Quit it!"

This time, when my hand came up to my face to swat away the annoyance? It's grasped by something furry with teeth.

Ouch!

Turning my head slightly, I peel apart one eyelid. Peer blearily at Mao who's trying to chow down on my fingers as if they're satay sticks. When my other eye opened and sunlight poured into my head, I gave a groan before rolling off the bed.

"Sorry, little man."

My voice is a raspy whisper as feet search for the solace of my bigfoot slippers. Instead, I nearly go ass up when my soles slide over....batteries?

Eventually, I find my footing and pad into the kitchen. Fill up Mao's food and water bowls on autopilot.

While my fur ball gutsed his way through breakfast, I stood at the open fridge. Tried to skull down a pint of cold water and two headache tablets. Ignoring the thumping pain in my head.

My bladder however can't be ignored, and my bum hit the seat just in time. Head and shoulders slouching to the wall shortly afterwards.

*

Lord only knows how long I was asleep in the loo? I only woke when my face slid down the wall and my nose hit the toilet roll holder.

"Go on, stupid....you can do it!"

I'm my very own one-woman cheering squad. Trying to give myself the impetus to rise, wipe off, flush and shuffle back to bed.

Where I plan to spend the next six months or so.

Why the hell does my body feel as if it's been trampled by a herd of reindeer? And not only that, I'm also walking a bit bow-legged. Feel as if Santa has slid into me instead of down my chimney.

Despite my still slightly throbbing skull, the most delicious shiver ripples through me. Settles itself between my aching thighs. And I realise my head isn't the only thing throbbing.

Fuck me....I must've had one hell of a dream last night!

My eyes are looking at the floor as I can't find the energy to lift my head. And this time I see not only half a dozen batteries but the packaging that once held them. My doona is also lying in a tangled heap along with pillows....top sheet.

Bending over with a grunt, I grasped a corner of my blanket and went to drag it back to my bed.

Norman....

....Norman....

"NORMAN!!!!"

His name ripped out of my mouth in a scream when I spotted him sprawled across my mattress in all his butt-naked glory. Fingers laced behind his head and chest heaving with laughter as his eyes glide over me happily.

Eyes that seem to have substance, as I feel them flitter over each and every inch of my bare skin....possessively.

"Wow....sweetheart! Am I fucking awesome or what?  Can make you scream my name without even touching you."

OH FAAARK!

I'm not suffering the after-effects of a few Bellini's at the staff party. But I am having one mutha of a hangover.

A Norman one!

Like a film on ultra-high speed, everything slid through my head. Including all the things I screamed whenever he touched me throughout the night.