Chapter 26 - Entrée Vous Síl Vous Plait

BENNY

Waking up the next morning and seeing his face lying on the pillow next to mine? Well....

....I think Christmas has come already.

Giving him the softest of kisses I take my time sliding out of the bed, so I won't wake him. Norman is exhausted, and I know he loves nothing better than a good old sleep-in.

After the last couple of nights? He sure as hell deserves it. I keep forgetting that he's older than me. Because he can give guys half his age a run for their money I reckon.

I'm not just on a steep learning curve, but more like a loop-the-loop. Norman is a very patient teacher and the single most important thing he's taught me?

Self-control is highly overrated  😉

"Missy....you sure as hell have some imagination. And that ain't a complaint just so you know"  He panted into my ear after I collapsed on top of him about two AM this morning.

"Imagination? But I thought everyone does what we just did?"  I whispered back innocently, earning myself a pinch on the bum before he rolled us both over and we tumbled into sleep.

Smiling down at him as he snored softly, I grabbed some clothes and head off for a shower.

And boy, do I need one! Apart from being a bit pongy from the build-up of sweat on my skin? I almost slide down the hallway.

'I'll go out to the farmers market while it's nice and early'  I thought.

I grab a pen and write Norman a note. Leaving it on his phone because it'll be the first thing he looks at when he wakes.

Morning Superman  😘

Popping out to get veggies and meat for tmoz. Blue towel in bathroom 4u. Have fed the boys, so grab yourself some brekkie. I should be home by ten.

PS. Peek at ur pressies and I'll have to spank you.

Without using my hands.

xxxoooxxx

*

Jeezus!

When I open the front door, the frozen air takes my breath away. I had to duck back inside to get my pastry scraper to clear off the frost from the windscreen.

Then I ferry out the few dozen boxes of cupcakes that I whipped up before Norman arrived last night. I'm so glad for all the storage space in Pop's Jeep.

Sorry, my  Jeep now.

Poppy and I did another trade when he insisted I keep it. It's basically brand new but he can't drive it now due to his failing eyesight. I finally agreed in lieu of the next ten years of birthday, Christmas and other presents.

I'd started at thirty, but Pops bartered me down mercilessly  🥰

I was sceptical when Norman said it snows in Georgia....not anymore. I drive along at a snail's pace, terrified of sliding off into a ditch if I hit ice.

But the cold weather hasn't kept everyone inside and the Christmas Farmers Market is jam-packed.

By the time I leave with everything on my list, my cheeks have been well and truly warmed up from being kissed. I've gotten to know all Nic & Norman's local suppliers really well over the last few months and most of them have stalls there today.

And the Christmas spirit is truly in force. I found myself staggering back to the car under the weight of my shopping. Plus all the little gifts that had been surreptitiously slipped into my bags.