Chapter 44 - Who Donut?

NORMAN

"I'm gonna rip off his fucking head and shit down his fucking throat. Then I'm gonna shove a grenade up his ass and pull the fucking pin. Then I'm gonna...."

"Settle petal...."

Greg tried to push me back in my chair, but I was having none of it. Shove right past him.

"He's dead....you hear me? HE'S FUCKING DEAD! "

Right now, a very lethal and way past mega pissed-off Daryl Dixon is flowing through my veins. And if the seven of them hadn't jumped me in the hallway?

I would've been on my bike and riding my way towards a prison sentence by now.

Seven?

Yeah. My screaming and threats had brought Nathan plus all his guys out of the kitchen.

"Go....do what you do best."

Greg tilted his head towards the dining room and Ash took off. Then he crouched down beside me and started talking softly.

"Now, Sunshine. Are you going to calm down, walk back to the office and discuss this in a civilised fashion? Or am I gonna have to bitch slap your ass from here clean to New York?"

"Oh definitely the latter, Greg. In fact...."  Ben's voice got louder as she walked closer and soon her boots were in my line of sight,

"....his butt is already signposted."

I close my eyes and shake my head, letting out a small puff of a laugh. When I relaxed enough, the guys let go and stood back. Letting me get to my feet.

"Thanks for your help, fellas. The floorshow's over for now. Get back to work and I'll fill you in at the end of your shift."

Greg took one hand and Benny grabbed the other. Led me back into the office and sat me back down in my chair.

Pushing the hair out of my face, I give them a shamefaced grin. But deep inside, I'm still seething.

Ash returned and closed the door behind him.

"It's all good. Told the diners you were practising a scene for the next series. They're very excited....want to hear more in fact."

"Sorry to disappoint but that's not gonna happen. Is it, Sunshine?"  Greg looked sternly at me again and I nodded back.

"Right, now where were we?"

Yeah. Where were we, Norman....?

***

We all sat down in the office after Liev's happy announcement.

I have to admit my shame at feeling another burst of jealousy? When I saw Benny hugging and kissing this guy who's almost the same age as me.

But it was smothered with love and pride once he told us how much she's helped him.

That's my girl all over.

Mine!

"I am sorry, Benny. I was to check last night after I take the ladies home and return the bus. But I was nervous for today and started to do my practicing. It was Marina who reminded me this afternoon and when we saw? I bring to Mr Greg and Mr Ash straight away."

"Checked....saw what Liev?"  I ask him.

"The bad things happening to Benny is just not right, Mr Norm. I know she is not that kind of Chef....person. Mr Ash, he does not believe either but we have nothing to prove so."