The Haunting Of Dracula's Castle Part 3: The Deadly Decision

I couldn't sleep that night in the hotel I kept tossing and turning Rose constantly asked me if I was okay. My response was always "I'm fine." I couldn't bring myself to say anything else because all I could think about was today.

Rodney's terror in his eyes kept constantly replaying in my head like a horror movie. I had to do something I couldn't let some ghost possess my best friend like that. At 4 am in the morning I turned over towards Rose who was staring at me in concern.

"You keep whimpering in you're sleep Ivy." She said her eyes on me. I smiled at my grade school best friend who saved me from being bullied. She was always coming to my rescue even when I could handle myself.

"Rose, do you think he's dead?" I said trying not to tear up again. Rose stood up from the bed rushing over to me and hugging me tightly "Of course, He's not dead." She whispered in my ear and I cried harder than I have today.

We sat there for awhile and I sat up and laid my head against the headboard of the bed. "We have to go back out there." I said.

"It's too dangerous Ivy." She said now sitting up and looking out the window the morning sun was now coming up.

"Ivy, I don't know that's too much of a risk." Rose said now getting off the bed.

I was determined to go and find Rodney before the spirit possessed him even more but I know I'm already on Anna's hit list because of sneaking off with her boyfriend. I didn't know what to think or feel about that but yesterday was the most interaction we had together in a while.

"We have to go find him." I said. Rose took my hands and "We will tonight but for now let's go eat breakfast." She said.

We both went into the elevator and went down to the lobby for breakfast. Anna stood there with her friends and Jeremy and Jacob sat at the table engulfed in a game of cards and eating pancakes.

Mr. Fax walked towards me and Rose. "You girls alright?" He said looking concerned at us both smiling. "Have you found anything out about Rodney." I said ignoring his question.

Mr. Fax sighed and shook his head "The police are working on it Ivy, there doing all they can." He said looking at me and patting my shoulder.

We proceeded on to the buffet of food with strawberries, eggs, grapefruits and other fresh fruits and food. I was starving from crying so much so I grabbed 3 strawberries and a cup of orange juice.

Me and Rose sat next to Jeremy and Jacob who were talking about last night's events "Dude that was like seriously scary." Jacob said eating a bagel.

"There was already enough paranormal activity when we entered the building, I could sense it." Jeremy said putting the cards down and reading a book.

"How do you know?" Rose said looking at Jeremy.

"My mother is a paranormal investigator, she investigates ghost haunting in different types of places around the world." Jeremy said.

"Which explains you're bank account." Jacob said jokingly while rolling his eyes.

"Tell me Ivy did you feel a cold presence when walking with Rodney last night?" He said looking at me.

I didn't want to remember the events of last night, I didn't want to remember at all. "Well the room did start to get cold..." I said my voice trailing off remembering everything traumatized my mind so much that it made me shiver with fear.

"Calm down it's alright."He said taking my hand Rose looked at our hands and started blushing.

"Well enough of this sappy crap, I think we should all sneak out tonight to see if they really are investigating Rodney's case and find some clues." Jacob finally said standing.