Chapter 9: Mirajane versus Jenny

"It seems I slight underrated you, Elfman." Erza says as Fairy Tail A, Raijinshu and Lisanna are in the infirmary visiting Elfman who is bandaged up, but due to his tall stature, his feet are on the wooden table matching up the bed's height. "When it comes to tenacity and being about to take punishment, you just may be number one in our guild. We'll definitely follow the lead of your hard-won victory."

"I never thought I'd hear Erza dish out praise like that." Lucy says.

"She wouldn't if he hadn't earned it." Gray states.

"You totally gave me the shivers, Elfman!" Natsu exclaims.

"Cut it out. You guys sound like you're payin' tribute to a dead man." Elfman says and Lisanna places a cold wet towel on his cheek.

"Well, stubbornness always has been your saving grace." She says.

"That's kind of a sad saving grace..." Natsu trails off.

"You're not too different!" Elfman shouts at him.

"But it really was amazing, Elfman-san!" Wendy says.

"It's pathetic, but I can't do anything laid up like this, so the rest is up to you, Wendy."

"Right!"

Then they hear knocking and sees that Allen and Lenalee are at the door.

"Pardon us." Allen says.

"Allen, Lenalee, what are you two doing here?" Natsu asks.

"There's something that we want to show you guys." Lenalee says and she and Allen step away from the door as Alice comes in with a rope in her hand, dragging tied up men behind her.

"Who are these guys?" Natsu questions as his fist are incasing in fire.

"These guys were trying to enter the infirmary, but Alice sensed them near here and we dealt with them." Allen explains.

"Now tell them what you told us." Alice orders.

"W-We were just following a request! From those Raven Tail guys!"

"They said to bring over the girl that was in the infirmary."

"Raven Tail...!" Natsu growls.

"The girl that was in the infirmary?" Wendy repeats. "Past tense?"

"The only one who was at the infirmary who carried Natsu here..." Alice says.

They all look at Lucy who flinches. "M-Me?!"

"Well, enough of this." Porlyusica says. "The next match has already begun. Get going." Everyone turns to her. "One of the key's to victory is observing the enemy."

"Got it, Granny." Natsu says.

"And don't worry about these guys. We'll hand them to the guards." Lenalee says.

"You have our thanks." Erza says

"See ya later." Natsu tells Elfman and they exit the room with the Exorcists behind them.

"We'll come back watching the second match." Allen says.

"Okay." Natsu says and the Exorcists goes to the other way to where the guards are at, to hand the men over to them. "Still, those Raven Tail jerks plat dirty right out in the open..." He says as the Fairy Tail members go back to the arena.

"I wonder if their intention is to take us out one by one." Erza states.

"I've still got my doubts about what happened." Carla says.