Part 1

"Jack? Jack! Jack wake up!" Jack slowly opened his eyes to find himself in darkness. He sat up slowly and looked around. There five other people around him. Jack was utterly confused. He could barely remember anything. His confusion grew as he suddenly recognized the people around him.

One wore a red hooded cape and a blue mask around his eyes, like a superhero. Another looked like he was from an old TV show.

Jack spun in a slow circle as he took in the key features of each person. A baseball cap, a doctor's mask, a blue mask, a monocle, a cat-shaped magician's mask. One, two, three, four five. Jack gasped.

"I recognize you!" The one wearing the blue superhero mask grinned.

"You should. We ARE you after all." The man in the baseball cap frowned at the one who had spoken.

"Well... mostly." Jack looked at them closer. Then he saw the reason why he had recognized them. They all had dark brown hair and baby blue eyes, just like him. He closed his eyes.

"Chase Brody, Doctor Schneeplestein, Jackaboy Man, Jameson Jackson, and Marvin the Magnificent. The altered egos!" They each nodded. Chase, the one in the baseball cap, studied Jack.

"How are you here? Unless..." He and the doctor exchanged worried looks. Dr. Schneeplestein leaned over and whispered into Marvin's ear. The magician nodded and walked up to Jack. He held out a hand, gesturing for Jack to do the same. He did and Marvin pressed two fingers against Jack's wrist as if checking his pulse.

Blue light illuminated their hands and the card symbols on Marvin's mask. Jack's eyes glazed over, Marvin's glowed a bright blue.

They were still for a few seconds. Then Marvin took a step back. The bright light faded.

Marvin looked at Chase, nodding solemnly. Chase bit his lip and turned away, wiping away a tear. Dr. Schneeplestein put a hand on his friend's shoulder as the rest of them, not including Jack, gathered into a small group. Jack only caught a few words of their conversation, but it was enough to send shivers down his spine.

"Dead? ... how... not possible... send him back?" They all nodded, as if an agreement had been made. Doctor Schneeplestein turned to Jack.

"Jack, we don't have much time to explain. We're going to send you back home, or at least to someone who can help you." Jack opened his mouth to reply, but the doctor cut him off.

"I'm sorry, but we can't answer your questions. To be honest, we don't have any answers. It's as confusing to us as it is to you." Jack nodded slowly. Marvin took Jack's hand – both this time- and closed his eyes, muttering under his breath. The soft blue light cloaked the pair, starting dim but quickly growing bright. Everyone closed their eyes, and when the light faded, Jack was gone.