Part 12

Jack walked cautiously down the hall, still trembling slightly from his nightmare. He heard voices from down the hall, putting on edge.

"But you have to help!" Jack heard Mark's voice from a room a little way down the hall.

"He has to learn to control them himself, as did you." The other voice was eerily similar to Mark's, but slightly deeper, and it seemed to have an echo.

"He doesn't have time to learn by himself. Anti will KILL him! And..." Mark's voice broke as he trailed off. The other voice finished for him.

"And you don't want to lose him." Jack heard Mark take a shaky breath.

"Exactly. I've lost him once. I can't go through that again. Not when there's a chance this time." The door that the voices were coming from was open slightly. After a moment of hesitation, Jack peeked through. He suppressed a gasp.

The other male was an exact replica of Mark for the most part. The only difference was the colors. His skin was grey and his hair and eyes were jet black. A show of red, blue, and black shadows danced around him. Darkiplier. Dark sighed.

"Fine. I'll see what I can get out of Anti, but I've learned to not mess with his plans." Mark nodded sadly.

"Anything." Dark looked over at the door Jack was hiding behind. Jack's heart skipped a beat as he froze. Dark met Jack's eyes. Then he disappeared. Jack gasped. He quickly realized his mistake. Mark's head shot up to look in Jack's direction. They both paled.

"How long have you been there?" Jack didn't respond. Mark walked over and opened the door completely, bathing Jack in bright light.

"Guess I have some explaining to do."