Part 15

When someone appeared, Jackieboy Man sprung up, ready to fight. Then he froze. Familiar blue eyes stared back at him. Jack turned around to face the dark emptiness of the void.

"Jack?" Chase asked. Jack glanced over his shoulder. He was surprised to see Chase hugging two scared children, but he shook it off.

"Just stay behind me, all of you." Just then, Anti appeared in front of him. Jack didn't miss a beat.

"What is it that you want Anti? Maybe we can finish this peacefully." Anti growled.

"What do I want? I want things to be the way they should!" Jack frowned, not letting his confusion distract him.

"What do you mean 'the way they should'?" Anti glared at Jack, then looked at the people behind him. His eyes glowed bright green for a split second before going dark again.

"For one, nobody can survive a fall from a skyscraper." Jack heard someone scream in pain. He spun around to see Jackieboy fall to the ground and start to cough up blood. Anti turned to Schneeplestein.

"Or an 'accidental' extreme medication overdose." Schneeplestein paled. He suddenly started to retch, tears welling up in his eyes. Anti's smile widened as he turned to Chase, whose eyes were wide in terror.

"Or a bullet to the head." Chase pressed a hand to the side of his head, letting out a strangled gasp when it came back wet with blood. His terrified eyes locked on Jack before rolling back into his head. He fell backward, unmoving.

"Daddy!" The children screamed. Anti just laughed.

"Or," He turned once more to Jack. "A blade across the neck." Pain shot through Jack, but he ignored it.

"Is this really what you want? Everyone, to be dead?" Anti shook his head.

"Only those who think they can escape death. Or reverse it." Jack should have seen Anti forming a knife behind his back, but he didn't. Anti spun around and threw the knife.

Marvin stepped backward in shock as it impaled his chest. He fell to the ground, his breathing ragged. Jameson was frozen in fear and shock. Anti ignored him.

Jack screamed despite his pain, tearing his eyes from the four dying men, anger-fueled adrenaline running through him.

"Anti, I created you in the first place! I know what you want, and this isn't it!" Anti's eyes switched from pure black to glowing green as he frowned and looked around. Jack continued.

"You want control, but you don't have to kill the others to get that! Don't you see? You're strong enough to create your own physical form, separate from me! And I can help with that!" Anti looked back at Jack. To Jack's surprise, his green eyes were full of tears.

"You would... help me?" Jack nodded.

"I would have from the very beginning if you had promised to never hurt anyone. I still will, but first, you have to fix this." Jack gestured around to the others. Anti turned to them.

"I-I don't know if I can save them." He pointed to Chase and Jackieboy.

"They... They're gone, and I don't know if I can bring them back." Jack placed a hand on Anti's shoulder, making him flinch.

"I believe in you. Please, try. For me. For them. For you." Anti nodded and took a deep breath. His eyes glowed so brightly, Jack had to look away.

As he watched, the knife in Marvin's chest disappeared and all of the blood and vomit vanished. Each of the men's eyes snapped open and they gasped for air. They looked as if nothing had ever happened.

Anti fell to his knees, exhausted. He started to cry into his hands.

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have hurt any of you!" he said between sobs. The other egos (minus Jameson) looked at Jack, confused. Jack simply mouthed two words.

Forgive him.

He knelt down next to Anti.

"I'll help you, but we need to get out of here first." Anti looked up at him and grinned weakly through the tears.

"I can help with that."

The End